Dynetics, a Leidos company, is seeking a Linux System Administrator to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
The successful candidate will perform systems administration and management duties with all components of unclassified information systems and help with classified system on physical and virtual platforms to support contract computing needs. These systems will contain Microsoft Windows and Linux components such as network storage devices, authentication servers, and workstations. This position requires attention to detail, critical thinking, solid organizational skills, and great customer service skills. The position also requires strong written and oral communication skills.
- The candidate will be expected to document existing process and procedures, to make improvements on and suggestions concerning our current operations.
- The candidate will be expected to work with fellow team members, our security staff as well as their user base in a constructive manner to provide cost-effective, relevant, and responsive IT solutions.
- The candidate must be able to adapt to and respond quickly to challenging problems. The candidate should be prepared to assist customers to meet their goals while working within various US Government policy frameworks
This position requires the candidate be compliant with DOD 8570 baseline certification requirements for IAT II with a current Security + CE or equivalent obtained within 6 months of hire as well as a Computing environment certification (Windows, Linux+, VMware, Server+, and Storage computing environment certifications are a few acceptable examples).
- A minimum of One (1) year professional Linux experience with administration of networks and information systems. and a BS degree in a related field or 5+ years of relevant Linux experience is required.
- The candidate should be capable and prepared to provide Tier I support to include hardware and software configuration deployment with specific focus Linux systems.
- The candidate will remediate system vulnerabilities identified from automated scanners.
- The candidate should be familiar with Bash scripting and Ansible.
- The candidate should have a demonstrated knowledge of current backup hardware and software mechanisms for disaster recovery and continuity of operations.
- The candidate should have a strong understanding of networking, DNS, DHCP, and knowledge of Active directory.
- The candidate will assist Information System Security personnel with documentation required for RMF compliance.
- This position may require travel, in the support of test events.
Candidate must be a U.S. citizen and a resident of the Huntsville, Alabama, area or willing to relocate.
- Linux or other open-source operating systems certifications are favorable.
- Knowledge of and experience with the administration of Ubuntu and Red Hat in enterprise environments.
- Demonstrated knowledge of data redundancy architectures and virtualization is a plus.
- Knowledge of PowerShell/batch scripting is a plus
- Knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint, Teams and other collaboration tools to help developers in their everyday task.
- Familiarity with SCC scanner and DISA STIGs would be beneficial.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess or be eligible for (and be able to maintain) a Final Top Secret/SSBI Clearance.
In order to enter Dynetics facilities in the U.S. and to attend Dynetics events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption on file for COVID-19. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.