Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a passionate, detail-oriented problem-solver to serve as Materials and Process Engineer to support Dynetics’ Advanced Materials Product Group. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
As an integral member of the Advanced Materials Product Group, the successful candidate will serve as Materials and Process (M&P) Engineer with responsibility for M&P activity within the group and for programs across Dynetics operations. This position will balance multiple activities including but not limited to:
- Support multiple Dynetics programs in terms of material selection, metallurgy and fabrication, process improvement opportunities, root cause and corrective action (RCCA) investigations, and qualification activities.
- Investigate materials and process non-conformance issues and provide recommended problem resolutions to program management teams
- Serve as a liaison between the Advanced Materials Product Group and other Dynetics organizations to ensure all material and process selections, process improvements, and RCCA activities meet program goals and objectives.
- Coordinate with Dynetics procurement management and subcontracted suppliers to mitigate non-conformances before they occur.
- Coordinate with Dynetics Technical Solutions and Dynetics’ suppliers on manufacturing process improvements and controls.
- Efficiently resolve non-conformances to limit the impact to program schedule and cost.
- Provide technical expertise during new supplier evaluations to aid in supplier risk analysis.
- Travel to supplier sites and materials vendors as required (10% - 20%)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Materials Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent from an ABET accredited institution with 5+ years applicable experience or Master’s Degree with 3+ years applicable experience
- Experience executing M&P activity directly supporting projects or programs (aerospace or defense preferred)
- Familiarity with AMS, ASTM, NASA, MIL-STD, ISO 9001/AS 9100, and other industry specifications.
- Must be able to travel up to 20%
Preference will be shown to candidates that possess the following:
- Ability to stay focused and succeed in high-stress, dynamic, and fast paced environments
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
- Experience assembling and providing technical briefings and clear guidance to non-technical audiences
- Experience working in manufacturing or production environment and/or interfacing with manufacturing organizations
- Project management skills
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Top Secret/SSBI Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Final Top Secret Clearance.
In order to enter Dynetics facilities in the U.S. and to attend Dynetics events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption on file for COVID-19. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.