In order to apply for this or any other job you will need to log in.
Dynetics Technical Solutions, Inc. (DTS), a wholly owned subsidiary of Dynetics, Inc., is seeking a talented Test Engineer for its hypersonics line of business. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics Technical Solutions provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions. The selected candidate will support the Common Hypersonic Glide Body program (C-HGB). The C-HGB is the Army’s #1 priority for strategic weapons capability for long-range precision fires and will counter and gain a lead on our adversaries' technological advances in this field, come join us in this exciting, cutting-edge field.
The selected candidate will serve as a Test Engineer that will conduct electrical and environmental testing efforts. Specific duties include development of test procedures utilizing electrical/mechanical test equipment, conducting test in the production of Hypersonic Glide Bodies (HGB), analyzing test results, and documenting results in test reports. The candidate will be part of a test team whose work will include testing of electronic/avionic components, requirements development and review, electrical circuit testing, hardware-in-the-loop (HWIL) testing, integration assembly and testing of HBG, configuration of test equipment, subsystem testing and troubleshooting. Work will be conducted in an integration/production facility along with a laboratory environment.
A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited school is required. Candidate should have at least 3+ years of relevant experience.
The following skills/abilities are desired:
· Experience in electronics design including digital/analog/mixed signal electronics, components, and interface/communication standards
· Experience in electrical schematic design and cable diagrams
· Experience in design, building, proving, and documenting prototype designs
· Experience finalizing designs from prototype to production ready builds.
· Experience manufacturing and verifying engineering designs with technician support.
· Experience in maintaining engineering designs deployed in a production environment.
· Experience Mentor Graphics DxDesigner, Altium, OrCAD, or similar
· Hands-on laboratory experience with instrumentation, test equipment, and debug/test methods
· Capable of performing in a collaborative engineering environment working closely with multi-disciplinary teams
· Experience effectively communicating within a team environment
Candidate must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama, AL area.
Preference shown to candidates who possess a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent degree from an ABET-accredited institution with a 3.0 or higher GPA
Preference shown to candidates who possess a Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent degree from an ABET-accredited university
Preference shown to candidates who :
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (as well as maintain) a Final Secret Clearance.