Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Mid -Level Computer Scientist to provide complex software solutions to advanced Weapon and Sensor modeling, simulation, and analysis challenges facing the Threat Intelligence Community. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
Dynetics' Threat Intelligence and Exploitation Department is seeking a Mid-Level Computer Scientist to support the United States Intelligence Community. The Mid-Level Computer Scientist in this role will perform software development activities for a variety of projects including Signals Intelligence, Threat Systems, and Modeling & Simulations. The candidate must be capable of and comfortable with learning new software languages, technologies, systems, and skillsets as part of a fast-paced and evolving environment.
Project assignments could include the following:
- Development of software products using object oriented principles in a variety of languages and operating environments. Example software products could include radar and missile simulations, network protocol simulations, simulated cyber attacks, hardware virtualization and emulation, distributed simulation architectures, and data analysis solutions.
- Integration of models, simulations, and software products into existing operating environments through software interface development.
- Software documentation to include design documents, administration guides, user guides, and test validation reports.
- Development of software unit tests and continuous integration infrastructures to automate the testing of candidate releases.
- Creation of deployable software deliveries to include all relevant documentation and change logs.
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor's (or Master's) Degree from an ABET accredited school in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or Computer Science with 2 to 5 years of relevant experience.
- Object-oriented software development experience using C/C++, Python, or Java.
- Familiarity with Unix/Linux Operating Systems
- Candidate must demonstrate the ability to communicate professionally and work cohesively in a team environment
Candidate must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama, AL area.
The preferred candidate will have the following attributes:
- Experience using Git or other source control management
- Unit testing frameworks such as GoogleTest or Boost.Test
- Experience working in Agile Framework
- Experience in Electronic Warfare, RF Signals and Modulation techniques
- Experience with the Intelligence and/or Test and Evaluation Communities
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (as well as maintain) a Final Secret Clearance.
In order to enter Dynetics facilities in the U.S. and to attend Dynetics events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption on file for COVID-19. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.