In order to apply for this or any other job you will need to log in.
Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Cable Engineering Specialist to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
Candidate will develop, document, and execute manufacturing processes and procedures for electronic and electromechanical products. Use of a Manufacturing Execution System (MES) will be required to create work instructions and develop build strategies. Candidate will support production of cable assemblies and electromechanical assemblies and systems. Applicant will work with a multi-disciplinary team to develop a wide variety of hardware, and work with the latest automated technology used in assembly and test equipment.
Candidate will support tasks such as review of engineering drawings, bills of materials, customer quality requirements, work instructions and execution of manufacturing activities. Candidate will be required to work closely with the manufacturing engineering and production teams to complete all aspects of the build. Candidate will also work closely with our quality team to support development of processes that validate customer quality requirements.
The type of cables to be built changes from week to week and are typically cables with Micro-D connectors and circular connectors. This position will work with a team of IPC-620 certified technicians that work on a variety of products to include both military and commercial customers.
Ideal candidate will have an AS degree related to science and engineering (or other technical discipline) from an accredited college and at least 5 years of cable manufacturing experience. Three (3) or more years of applicable experience will also satisfy the AS degree requirement.
Candidate must be able to demonstrate strong leadership skills, attention to detail, and ability to work independently. Ability to multi-task well is also essential.
Candidate must have experience working with manufacturing engineers and technicians to develop a build strategy and identify any problems that could occur during assembly.
Candidates will be required to have knowledge of the tools used for assembly (crimpers, strippers, insertion) and the proper techniques required to use these tools. Basic experience reading mechanical assembly drawings, electrical schematics, and other manufacturing documentation will be required.
Candidate will be required to have the basic computer skills associated with these assembly tasks (such as retrieving the manufacturing documentation from the system, updating the system as router steps are completed, working with Microsoft Suite Applications, etc.).
Candidate must have a HS Diploma.
Experience with the following is a plus:
· Preferred candidate will have at least 5 years of cable manufacturing experience and building electronic hardware to government specifications (or similar).
· Experience with software that maintains bills of materials and other engineering design data.
· Experience with electronics used on launch vehicles, targets, or missile components, and with production of cable harnesses, electronics, and electromechanical assemblies.
· Ability to provide Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) estimates, Basis of Estimate (BOE) documents, and other documents used to support proposal efforts will be a plus.
· Experience with Costpoint Material Planning software and/or Agile product lifecycle management software is a plus.
· Experience in various quality roles is also a plus.
· Experience in using Manufacturing execution systems (MES) is also a plus.
· Electronic component handling requirements and ESD procedures
· An Associates degree in a technical field
· Current or prior certification to IPC/WHMA-A-620
· Working knowledge of Cable Eye High Voltage tester and its capabilities
· Knowledge of assembly and inspection requirements for Micro-D solder cups in cable assemblies.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.