In order to apply for this or any other job you will need to log in.
Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Cable Manufacturing Engineer to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
Candidate will develop, document, and execute manufacturing processes and procedures for electronic and electromechanical products. Candidate will support production of cable assemblies and electromechanical assemblies and systems. Applicant will work with a multi-disciplinary team to develop a wide variety of hardware, and work with the latest automated technology used in assembly and test equipment.
Candidate will support tasks such as review and approval of engineering drawings, bills of materials, customer quality requirements, and work instructions, participation in design reviews, and execution of manufacturing activities. Candidate will be required to work closely with the design team to complete all details of the design, to prepare the design for release to manufacturing. Candidate will also work closely with our quality team to develop processes that validate customer quality requirements.
The type of cables to be built changes from week to week, and are typically cables with Micro-D connectors and circular connectors. This position will work with a team of IPC-620 certified technicians that work on a variety of products to include both military and commercial customers.
Candidate will have a BS degree in engineering (or a science or technical discipline) from an accredited university. 5+ years of applicable experience will also satisfy the BS degree requirement. Ideal candidate will have 10+ years of cable manufacturing experience.
Candidate must be able to demonstrate strong leadership skills, attention to detail, and ability to work independently. Ability to multi-task well is also essential.
Candidate must have experience working with design engineers, manufacturing engineers, and technicians to develop a build strategy and identify any problems that could occur during assembly.
Candidates will be required to have knowledge of the tools used for assembly (crimpers, strippers, insertion) and the proper techniques required to use these tools. Basic experience reading mechanical assembly drawings, electrical schematics, and other manufacturing documentation will be required.
Candidate will be required to have the basic computer skills associated with these assembly tasks (such as retrieving the manufacturing documentation from the system, updating the system as router steps are completed, etc.).
Candidate must have a HS Diploma.
Experience with the following is a plus:
· Preferred candidate will have at least 10 years of manufacturing engineering experience on programs designing and building electronic hardware to government specifications (or similar).
· Experience with software that maintains bills of materials, and other engineering design data.
· Experience with electronics used on launch vehicles, targets, or missile components, and with production of cable harnesses, electronics, and electromechanical assemblies.
· Experience with cable braiding machines is a plus.
· Communicate with customers to provide updates on both schedule and cost.
· Ability to provide Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) estimates, Basis of Estimate (BOE) documents, and other documents used to support proposal efforts will be a plus.
· Experience with Costpoint Material Planning software and/or Agile product lifecycle management software is a plus.
· Experience in various quality roles is also a plus.
· Experience in using Manufacturing execution systems (MES) is also a plus.
· Electronic component handling requirements and ESD procedures.
· An Associates degree or 4-year Bachelors degree in a technical field.
· Current or prior certification to IPC/WHMA-A-620.
· Working knowledge of the IPC/WHMA-A-620 Space Addendum is a plus.
· Working knowledge of Cable Eye High Voltage tester and designing test layouts.
· Knowledge of assembly and inspection requirements for Micro-D solder cups in cable assemblies.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.