Dynetics, Leidos Group is seeking a talented UAS Windows Integration Engineer to join the Software, Simulation, Systems Engineering, and Integration Directorate (S3I) Joint Technology Center – Systems Integration Lab (JSIL) Tech Center team. This is an opportunity to work hands on with unmanned aircraft and ground control equipment with tremendous growth opportunity making a direct impact on the systems fielded to our Warfighters while expanding your systems integration skillset. Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals and this position provides ample opportunities to gain hands on experience on a variety of UAS programs.
Integration engineer team members perform system-level installation, configuration, automation, test, and analysis on Windows, Red Hat Linux, and hypervisor-based environments with significant network equipment considerations.
In this role, the selected candidate will:
- Work with software engineers, network engineers, and systems engineers to integrate commercial and government software applications into operating systems.
- Work within an Agile scrum development model producing full system installation images on a biweekly basis.
- Troubleshoot deployment issues on operating systems including dependency issues, version compatibility, and installation bugs.
- Use scripting languages to develop automated software applications installation and configuration of operating systems using Bash, PowerShell, Java, and Python.
- Automate the creation and configuration of virtual machines as part of a global UAS system installation.
- Develop engineering technical material including but not limited to system description documents, installation guides, and interface control documents.
- Bachelor’s degree with 4-8 years of applicable experience or Master’s with 2-6 years of applicable experience.
- Experience with operating systems engineering, network administration, or system administration in Windows.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Bash, Python, or PowerShell.
- Experience with general Internet and network troubleshooting.
- A strong understanding of general computing system architectures and virtual machines.
- Experience performing software installation and configuration.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Security+ SE (or other IAT II base certificate).
Experience in the following is Desired:
- Operating System certifications (e.g., Linux+ or Windows) are a plus.
- Linux operating systems is a plus.
- Hardening Windows systems is a plus.
- Datacenter architectures (cluster computing, fault tolerant, or high availability system) is a plus.
- Automating Windows based installs using SCCM, MDT or other single touch-based systems is a plus.
- Writing technical documentation is a plus.
- Atlassian workflow management software is a plus.
- Software development or software test is a plus.
- Creating automated systems, including creating silent installers is a plus.
An Interim Secret security clearance is required to begin. A Final Secret security clearance is required to maintain employment.
Strong preference to candidates holding an active Secret clearance.