Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Electrical Design and Integration Engineer to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
The Product Engineering Department is a design-focused group of engineers specializing in advanced hardware-based solutions. The individual selected for this position will be an engineer responsible for design and integration activities at the unit, sub-system, and system levels for complex electromechanical systems. The individual must be a self-starter with experience working with inter-disciplinary teams to solve challenging technical problems. Experience with Printed Circuit Board Assembly (PCBA) design is a plus. Experience leading technical teams is a plus. The engineer will work closely with electronic assemblies integrated into a diverse range of aerospace and military systems including manned/unmanned ground/air vehicles, missiles, defensive radars, and space systems.
Responsibilities will include:
- Perform all aspects of electromechanical system development from developing/deriving requirements to employing appropriate techniques for design, fabrication, integration, and test
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team engaged in the development of complex electromechanical systems for DoD/Aerospace applications
- Develop or oversee system interface definitions and resulting documentation (i.e. Interface Control Drawings, etc.)
- Oversee the specification, design, and manufacture/procurement of system cabling
- Perform design trade studies and analysis to determine the best approach to meet challenging performance, cost, and schedule constraints
- Plan and execute integration and test activities to ensure successful unit, sub-system, and system assembly, integration, and test
- Brief technical aspects of system design, integration, or test plans and activities to customers and other external stakeholders at formal program reviews
The ideal candidate will thrive in a learning environment that encourages leadership and technical growth.
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent degree from an ABET-accredited institution with a 3.0 or higher GPA
- Knowledge in electronic/electrical system design, integration, and test
- Knowledge of design engineering principles, theories, and concepts
- Demonstrated knowledge integrating and testing electronic systems at the unit, sub-system & system-levels
- Hands-on laboratory experience with instrumentation and test equipment
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Demonstrate knowledge managing time effectively while supporting multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Capable of performing in a collaborative engineering environment working closely with multi-disciplinary teams
- Demonstrated experience effectively communicating within a team environment
- Candidate must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama, AL area
Preference shown to candidates who possess a Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent degree from an ABET-accredited university
Preference shown to candidates with technical leadership experience
Preference shown to candidates who have experience and/or working knowledge of:
- Design engineering for aerospace or military systems
- Custom electronics development and test from board to system-level
- Leading technical teams including defining technical direction and estimating cost/schedule
- Systems engineering principles and methodologies
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.