In order to apply for this or any other job you will need to log in.
Dynetics is seeking an energetic candidate looking to tackle challenging problems in unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) or drones, both large and small. This position is for an engineering internship within the Air Vehicle Development & Test Branch within the Unmanned Systems & Aerodynamics Department. Engineers in this branch tackle challenges with UAS design, analysis, modeling and simulation, integration, autonomy, and ground and flight testing.
Projects utilize a range of technologies, from commercial/hobby/open-source parts to tactical systems and custom-developed solutions, and often require hands-on experimentation. A system-level perspective will permit the candidate to effectively work with a multidisciplinary team to bring innovative concepts to reality while applying engineering discipline, rigor, and judgement. There will be opportunities for leadership for a candidate with a demonstrated ability to guide teams and communicate effectively with various stakeholders, including technical experts, chief engineers, managers, executives, vendors, subcontractors, and customers. Every day will bring new challenges and require innovative problem solving and critical thinking to help develop cutting edge and meaningful UAS solutions.
· This is an internship position. Candidates must be pursuing a Bachelor’s (or graduate) Degree in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, or related field from an ABET accredited school with a minimum GPA of 3.0 and 0 – 3 years.
· Candidates must be a resident of North Alabama or willing to temporarily relocate in order to work on-site at the Huntsville, AL office.
· Candidate must be a US citizen
· Practical experience with aviation, UAS / drones, flight testing, autonomous systems, or robotics
· Pursuing an advanced degree is a plus
· 3.5+ GPA preferred
· Experience with experimental or prototype systems, tactical UAS or robotic systems, or commercial and hobby drones, including open-source software, are all major plusses
· Guidance, navigation, and control (GNC) experience is a plus
· Embedded software development experience is a plus
· Modeling & Simulation (including hardware/software-in-the-loop) experience a plus
· Possessing a Remote Pilot (FAA Part 107) certificate is a plus
· Matlab & Simulink experience is a plus
Candidate must be a US Citizen.