In order to apply for this or any other job you will need to log in.
Leidos, Dynetics Group, is seeking a qualified individual to serve as an UAS Integration and Test Engineer within the Systems Interoperability, Integration and Test Department. The candidate selected will join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. We have offices across the United States engaging in the defense, aerospace, cyber, space and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
Dynetics is involved in multiple contracts to evaluate and test software and systems/subsystems in support of Department of Defense Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS) development and deployment. This position entails supporting Unmanned Aircraft Systems Interoperability testing. Compliance testing will focus on US Army Interoperability Profiles, NATO and Industry Standards. Testing will involve knowledge of Unmanned Aircraft Systems with focus on Data Links, Payloads and Command and Control.
This individual will work within an established test team comprised of UAS Operators, Maintainers, and Engineers contributing to various aspects of UAS Interoperability, assisting in the development of test plans, supporting the conduct of testing, assisting in the production of reports, and summarizing findings within customer briefings.
Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline (Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) preferably with UAS experience.
Must be self-motivated to do excellent work that exceeds customer expectations.
Candidate must always present a professional demeanor while representing Dynetics to customers and stakeholders.
Candidate must be willing to travel, as needed, to locations across the U.S.
The position desires knowledge in two or more of the following:
· UAS data communications (Tactical Common Data Links, Blue Force Tracker, Link-16, emerging data link technology)
· UAS command and control (existent tactical and commercial UAS command and control)
· Tactical messaging
· Network protocols (UDP, TCP/IP, Ethernet) and hardware (routers, switches)
· UAS payload processing and distribution
· UAS integration and testing
· Test procedure development
Technical writing and communication skills required.
Experience with Army UAS is desired.
A background in DoD programs is required. Candidates must have good organizational skills and attention to detail, and work well in a team environment.
Candidates must be a US citizen and be a resident of Huntsville, Alabama or be willing to relocate to the Huntsville, Alabama area.
Experience and demonstrated skill in any of the following areas is also a plus:
· Operational UAS operator experience
· Familiarity with C4I software and interfaces to include tactical messaging interfaces as defined by DoDAF and Army Interoperability Certification mission test threads
· Support for UAS integration and testing through HWIL testbed development, test planning, lab test execution, flight test execution, data analysis, test reporting, and customer reviews
· Hands on integration, test, certification, and/or training experience with Army aviation platforms such as Gray Eagle, Shadow, OSRVT and the associated ground control stations
· Comfortable interfacing with customers and working in a dynamic environment requiring expertise on a variety of existing and emerging UAS systems
· Ability to work independently as well as participate in group projects/test events
· Hands on test experience in technical disciplines including payloads, data links, and/or command and control.
· Familiarity with new UAS-related platforms or technologies applicable to programs such as FTUAS, SCI, and LE.
· Certifications such as CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+, and/or Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.