In order to apply for this or any other job you will need to log in.
Dynetics, an employee-owned company, is seeking a talented Senior Software Engineer to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
The selected candidate will develop software applications for command, control, and data processing for airborne sensors, especially related to Unmanned Aerial Systems.
The senior software engineer will lead a team of software developers in coding software services and applications specified by a project manager. The senior software engineer will engage in system level design, testing, debugging, and documentation, in addition to authoring code. As part of a team the senior software engineer will utilize configuration management tools and other development tools and methods to ensure a quality product.
The Senior software engineer must be capable of decomposing a large software system or set of services into separable portions, developing, defining, and documenting the overall architecture, and portioning off the development work into individual sections suitable for execution by more junior engineers. The senior software engineer must likewise review work products of junior engineers for functionality, quality, and ensure they are properly folded in to the completed system.
Candidate must possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering and should have 10 - 15 years of experience working within a disciplined software development project environment.
· Candidate must demonstrate strong competency in object-oriented software development in C# or Java, and possess an aptitude for good software design techniques
· Candidate must demonstrate competency in either C or C++
· Candidate must have experience working with source control systems such as SVN or similar
· Candidate must have experience developing software in both the windows and linux environments
· Candidate must have experience leading a team of 3-6 software engineers in development of a software product
· Candidate must have experience in software system design/architecture sufficient to generate a software architecture from requirements and reference models
Experience with multiple programming languages and automated unit testing is a plus.
Experience with C# and the .NET libraries is preferred.
Master’s degree or PhD in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Computer Engineering is preferred.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (as well as maintain) a Final Secret Clearance.