In order to apply for this or any other job you will need to log in.
Dynetics, an employee-owned company, is seeking a talented Rotary Wing Modeling & Simulation Engineer to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
The successful applicant will develop, analyze, validate, and test models and simulations of rotary wing aircraft. This person should have experience with rotorcraft, and simulation experience would be a big plus. The ability to craft simulation solutions to meet unique needs is critical, as well as the ability to interface with various users and customers to relay the accuracy and pitfalls of a given simulation solution. Validation based on wind tunnel and/or flight test data will be required, therefore experience working with experimental data and large data sets is valuable. Experience working with commercial rotorcraft modeling software is also valuable.
B.S. degree from an ABET accredited school in engineering or applicable technical discipline with a minimum GPA of 3.0
Minimum 2 years of experience in rotary wing technologies
20% CONUS travel is required to suport test events.
Candidate must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama, AL area.
· Advanced degree with minimum GPA of 3.5
· Solid understanding of rotorcraft principles, including modeling and estimation techniques
· Working knowledge of development and application of rigid-body and multi-body equations of motion
· Understanding of Low Reynolds number impacts on rotorcraft, and applicable estimation approaches
· Experience with modeling and simulation in Matlab/Simulink, and coding experience in C++, Python, etc.
· Experience with guidance, navigation, and control (GNC)
· Experience with unique and challenging aviation problems
· Experience with DOD or Government customers
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.