Dynetics, an employee-owned company, is seeking a talented Software Developer to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
Candidate should be strong in Software Development and willing to work with existing software (i.e. troubleshoot/maintenance work), ready to create new software that works with existing system(s), and have a good understanding of proper software development life cycle stages (i.e. comments code, documents issues, documents items of note, updates existing documentation, evaluates larger picture to ensure good testing/interface, etc.).
Principal Duties and Responsibilities: (Essential functions)
- Define user requirements based on customer needs.
- Designs and develops software programs in ASP.NET/C#, JAVA, Python, or PHP.
- Analyzes user's software program needs and assists in troubleshooting.
- Designs and develops software using basic compilers, assemblers, utility programs and operating systems.
- Generate documentation for new or existing programs.
- Provide maintenance support for existing applications, tools, and services.
Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, engineering, business, or other related field is required or 6 years of applicable experience in lieu of a degree.
- Two (2)+ years applicable software development experience
- Working knowledge of current and legacy operating systems and programming languages
- Working knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems
- Must have CompTIA Security + CE Certification
- Individual will have the ability and expectation to interact well with the customer – position will reside on site at Redstone Arsenal.
- Candidate must be a resident of or be willing to relocate to the Huntsville, AL area.
- Must possess a Final Top Secret Clearance to start
- Experience with military equipment, data system experience (handling data collection, storage, transfer)
- Working knowledge of any of the following is a plus: ASP.Net C#, Java, PHP, PERL, MarkLogic Xquery, XML, and XSLT.
- Working knowledge of popular IDEs (integrated development environments) (ex. Microsoft Visual Studio, NetBeans, or Eclipse).
- Knowledge of AWS development environment.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (as well as maintain) a Final Top Secret/SSBI Clearance.