In order to apply for this or any other job you will need to log in.
Dynetics is seeking a full-time Mechanical Commodity Manager to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices all across the United States engaging in defense, space, cyber, and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
The Mechanical Commodity Manager will coordinate and manage strategic sourcing plans that create maximum benefits for the business, lead cross-functional resources in key strategic sourcing, and develop operation excellence initiatives with project accountability for the strategic sourcing function. You will be responsible for commodity strategy related with mechanical products and or services including: sourcing strategy, spend segmentation, supply market analysis, supplier capability assessment, supplier recruitment and management, RFI/P/Q development, developing a business case for improved supply and or service, risk assessment and management, while managing assigned commodities or services across multiple sites.IND3
• Ability to lead and drive execution of supply chain strategies in a collaborative and multi-site matrix environment to achieve both tactical and strategic goals
• Applies knowledge of commodities and commodity market trends and serves as an expert in influencing, leading and driving project implementation of supply chain strategies and development of short and long term goals for management consideration in support of customer requirements
• Negotiate strategic agreements and drive cost, quality, delivery, and service improvements across multiple departments and sites continuously for assigned commodities and/or services
• Uses analytical and qualitative methods to analyze market commodities and product data
• Demonstrate full knowledge and serve as a technical leader for assigned commodities and supply chain services
• Organize, facilitate and manage cross-functional teams to develop commodity and service strategies
• Work with New Product Introduction (NPI) teams to ensure sourcing decisions achieve overall commodity objectives and all parts for prototype builds are available in advance
• Ability to identify and help drive technical root cause and corrective action for assigned product or service responsibilities
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned
Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelors degree in a related Supply Chain Management, Engineering or Operations field plus a minimum of 5 years directly demonstrated experience in managing commodities and/or a combination of related supply chain experience or 10 year plus experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
• Requires demonstrated experience managing mechanical suppliers (general and precision machining, frames/weldments, mechanical assembly. hardware) strongly preferred.
• Must demonstrate strong verbal, written, negotiating, presenting and analytical skills
• A data-driven, analytical mindset, tempered with common sense.
• Cost Analysis – Should cost, BOM/Quote comparison
•Exceptional interpersonal skills – ability to interface with all levels of the organization.
• Demonstrated proficient knowledge of the workings of an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software. Experience with Deltek/Costpoint software preferred.
• Must possess demonstrated knowledgeable of Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP)/Master Production Schedule (MPS) process
• Demonstrated significant technical knowledge with mechanical commodity, Workmanship standards and Quality Regulations
• Demonstrated extensive experience assessing requirements, negotiating and executing supply contracts and or service agreements
• Must demonstrate the ability to understand, analyze and use components of costs in driving cost savings and efficiencies.
• Ability to quickly and efficiently identify new sources and technologies as requested by Engineering Design teams and perform advanced due diligence including technical capabilities, audits, commercial assessments, supply chain verification, capacity constraints and establishing a preferred customer status
• Demonstrated ability to prepare for, coordinate, manage and execute QBRs and Quarterly Negotiations
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.