Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Component Engineer to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
The Component Engineer will provide key support to the electronic schematic designers and the configuration management team. The tasks of this position include:
- Work with project teams to ensure compliance with customer Part/Material/Process (PMP) requirements
- Evaluate testing requirements for CAT I and CAT II critical parts
- Evaluate DPA and PIND testing results
- Review suitability of components for specific applications
- Address re-tinning and solderability requirements for all critical parts
- Write Non-Standard Parts Acceptance Requests (NSPAR)
- Work with customer to adjudicate NSPAR issues
- Perform PLM entry for Printed Circuit Board Assembly (PCBA) population variants
- Work with Board Layout and Manufacturing Team members to understand producibility issues associated with certain electrical component package types.
- Review components for obsolescence
- Able to address a Diminishing Manufacturing Sources and Material Shortages (DMSMS), as it applies to program requirements
A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent field from an ABET accredited school is required.
Candidate must have at least 12+ years as a component engineer or in closely-relatedelectrical engineering disciplines.
The successful candidate will have:
- Strong experience and knowledge of electrical components and how they are typically applied to circuits.
- A good understanding of the applicable MIL and Industry specs governing parts acceptance, including:
- RCC 319-14
- ASQ Z1.4-2003
Candidate must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama, AL area.
- Experience using the Agile PLM system is desired.
- Knowledge of military system requirements and environments is also desired.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.