In order to apply for this or any other job you will need to log in.
Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented, dynamic finance professional to serve as the company’s Controller. The successful candidate will be an innovative leader that focuses on the timely and accurate production of financial reports & analysis, continuous improvement of accounting tools and processes and the leadership and development of the talented employees that comprise the accounting team. This role will have a major impact on the future state vision of how core accounting department activities are performed, optimized and transformed. The Controller will be a key member of the finance leadership team and will interact frequently with senior operational and functional leaders to ensure performance objectives are achieved.
The Dynetics Controller is responsible for overseeing the implementation of accounting policies & procedures, producing monthly and quarterly financial statements, establishing and maintaining a robust internal controls environment including SOXs compliance, and forecasting and managing the company’s cash flow. The Dynetics Controller is an authentic and energetic leader who leads by example, engaging and inspiring employees to meet or exceed objectives while ensuring compliance with US GAAP, applicable standards and statutory requirements. S/he is a team builder and a champion of continuous improvement, seeking to improve business processes and ensure the borderless functioning of the accounting team. The Dynetics Controller builds strong relationships and maintains effective communications with internal customers including other finance functions, business operations, sales/business development, human resources, legal, engineering and manufacturing; and delivers analysis, advice and information with a collaborative, service-based mentality.
The position will report directly to the Dynetics Group CFO, with a strong dotted line reporting into the Leidos Corporate Controller’s office, and will based at the company’s headquarters in Huntsville, AL.
· Provide leadership over key monthly and quarterly accounting activities including accruals, service centers, reserves, inventory, accounts receivable, benefits and other critical general ledger accounts.
· Provide oversight of and technical expertise to Project and Revenue accounting teams
· Establish and enforce a robust control environment to ensure the integrity of the company’s SOX control framework
· Forecast and manage the company’s balance sheet and cash flow; including initiatives to accelerate customer billing and collections.
· Maintain and enhance the company’s indirect cost structure, ensuring compliance with government Cost Accounting Standards (CAS). Support the timely and accurate submission of annual Incurred Cost, Forward Pricing and Billing Rate proposals.
· Lead key talent development and engagement initiatives across the accounting department to facilitate staff career growth, performance accountability and teamwork.
· Maintain a relentless focus on innovation and efficiency, with a goal to modernize and optimize manual transactional activities and drive best practices into the organization on a cost-effective basis.
· Manage ongoing interactions with external and internal auditors to ensure audit issues are investigated, resolved, and remediated where appropriate.
· Establish, track and report on key performance indicators (KPI) to drive consistent standards in how performance is being measured and managed.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field with 15+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10+ years of prior relevant experience, including 5+ years as a controller or other senior finance leader in a public company environment.
· Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation
· Experience working with federal government customers & experience with government cost accounting and compliance
· Experience managing a shared service organization including the establishment of service level agreements (SLAs) and KPIs
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.