In order to apply for this or any other job you will need to log in.
Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Quality Engineer to join a diverse team of experts to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
This is a hands-on position. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that mechanical parts and assemblies meet all customer expectations and be able to quickly and effectively take appropriate action when non-conformances are found. The Quality Engineer also prepares or reviews process control documentation to ensure compliance with customer requirements and the company's quality management system standards.
The selected candidate will
· Collaborate with customers' quality and engineering personnel to determine critical part features and review manufacturability of design.
· Make recommendations to modify customer part specifications and tolerances as necessary to support cost effective production.
· Provide engineering support to manufacturing operations ensuring consistent application of quality techniques
· Resolve quality issues of capability, tolerancing, and materials related issues.
· Resolve quality issues by identifying problems, examining solution options, implementing action plans, and providing resources.
· Effectively communicate and reinforce the company's commitment to quality improvement efforts
· Develop and document product quality plans
· Coordinate production process monitoring activities
· Participate in the development of Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA).
· Facilitate and promote use of appropriate problem solving techniques for effective root cause analysis and successful corrective action.
· Coordinate with Purchasing, Engineering, Production, and Program Management to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
· Ensure readiness for all internal and external AS9100 quality audits. Support external 3rd party registration/surveillance audits Oversee the controlled document system, to include a final review of all changes to procedures, work instructions, forms, master lists and other associated documents to ensure quality certification requirements are met. Participate in quality reporting and management review process. Manage quality metrics and present findings and recommendations to the management review team.IND3
Candidates must have an Associates Degree in a technical field and at least 2 years of experience in a manufacturing or Industrial capacity.
Experience with AS 9100 Quality Management Systems Proven track record of driving continuous quality improvement in a manufacturing environment. Experience with the design, development and production of aerospace parts and assemblies. Must have prior Aerospace experience.
A Bachelors degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or Industrial Engineering and experience in manufacturing engineering within the Aerospace industry is a plus.
Additional experience with Solumina or other MES systems.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.