Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Buyer to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
Candidate will be responsible for administering a wide variety and value of procurement contracts within a predominant DOD environment. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Daily interaction with vendors/suppliers
- Issuing request for proposals
- Evaluating proposals responses
- Negotiation of prices, terms/conditions and annual vendor price contracts
- Placing orders
- Documenting procurement packages in accordance with a government-approved purchasing system
- Interacting with other departments (Engineering, Contracts, Receiving and Accounting) during the different phases of the purchase order contract.
- Candidate must possess a BS Degree in BusinessAdministration, or related field, and 0 - 4 years relevant experience in a DOD government contracting/procurement environment.
- In lieu of a degree, candidate must have 6 years of applicable experience with HS diploma or GED.
- Candidate must have strong technical purchasing skills including expertise in evaluating, negotiating and executing material and labor purchases in accordance with the FAR and best commercial practices.
- High level of communication skills both written and verbal are required.
Candidate must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama, AL area.
- Deltek Costpoint experience preferred.
- Qualified candidates should have a working knowledge of FAR and DFAR.
- Candidate should be familiar with AS9100 procurement regulations.
- Candidate must be highly motivated.
- Strong analytical, organizational, problem solving, verbal, and writing skills are also desired
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.