Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a Machine Design Engineer to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber, tactical logistics, and commercial fields, Dynetics, provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT Solutions.
- Candidate will be responsible for scope development, design, research, prototyping, documentation, estimating, and delivering of mechanical and electro-mechanical systems.
- Candidate will work closely with researchers, engineers, and technicians from multidisciplinary teams as well as internal and external shops to design, integrate, test, and deliver custom test equipment, manufacturing process equipment, and machines.
- Candidate will use CAD and/or FEA software to create models and drawings of concepts and products
- Candidate will Organize and maintain existing engineering records and develop and maintain new engineering records (such as System Requirements, BOM, rationale, methods of manufacturing, procedures, etc.)
- Candidate will design prototypes in conjunction with internal customers, lead construction of prototypes, and perform physical testing on prototypes.
- Candidate will be responsible for applying sound mechanical engineering & design principles in the development of machined, structural, sheet metal, plastic, and composite component parts.
- Candidate may perform first-order thermal and structural analysis of aforementioned technologies.
- Candidate must have a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology from an ABET accredited university.
- Relevant coursework or experience in the design of electro-mechanical systems and components using 3D CAD software to support the R&D and Manufacturing efforts of the Advanced Materials Group.
- Candidate must have experience with CAD software and 3D Modeling.
- Candidate must be a resident of the North Alabama area or be willing to relocate to the North Alabama area.
- Technical experience of 3-5 years is preferred, but not required.
- Experience with SOLIDWORKS CAD is preferred, but not required.
- Machine design or electro-mechanical design and layout experience preferred, but not required.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.