Dynetics Technical Solutions (DTS), a wholly owned subsidiary of Dynetics, is seeking a qualified Chief System Architect for its High Energy Laser line of business. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics Technical Solutions provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
The successful candidate will serve as a senior technical representative for directed energy efforts within the Strategic Programs department. This position provides guidance in the development of system architectures that enable High Energy Laser Weapon System (HEL WS) concept definitions leading to production level definition. This lead position interfaces directly with customers, program manager, chief engineer and senior level management within the company.
Candidate will collaborate across multiple disciplines to include systems, mechanical, electrical, software, modeling, simulation, safety, and reliability to allow for a cohesive, productive team in a fast-paced and evolving market area. Specific job responsibilities are describe below.
- Planning system architecture effort, forming architecture team, and providing regular communications with program leadership
- Defining high energy laser weapon system requirements.
- Developing System Architecture using standard frameworks, methods, and tools
- Maintain domain expertise of HELWS trade space in regards to beam directors/controllers, high energy laser technology, tracking systems, lethality analysis, pointing accuracy and requirements, power and thermal subsystems, and system interfaces.
- Will leverage system engineering best practices to lead the implementation of HELWS design. This would include determination and documentation of technical objectives, CONOPS, requirements and interfaces, design, development and/or solutions for designated laser-based subsystems and hardware/software configuration items.
- Will lead the architecture development and modeling of Key Performance Parameters (KPPs) that can track the allocated, current status, and projected values of critical Technical Performance Measurements (TPMs).
Beyond the primary tasks, the candidate will assist in business development efforts and teaming arrangements as well as proposals as a Senior Technical Representative.
A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical, or Aerospace Engineering or equivalent field from an ABET accredited school is required. Candidate should have at least 10+ years of high energy laser system development relevant experience.
The following skills/abilities are desired:
- Experience on directed energy platform integration efforts with an emphasis in architecture leadership
- Applicable experience with DoDAF, or similar, architecture frameworks and application of such toward DoD prototype system development efforts
- Demonstrated thorough understanding if high energy laser system designs, beam control system designs, dependencies between both and effects trades have on other various systems within a larger laser weapon system
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in a team environment and independently
Candidate must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama, AL area.
- Applicant must have demonstrated experience effectively communicating within a team environment.
- Candidate must have good people skills and the desire to work with a highly technical team of engineers and scientists.
- Ability to travel for critical program activities when needed.
- Ability to work well with cross-functional teams, design engineers, analysts, manufacturing, project management and customer representatives.
- Experience with project planning and scheduling using Microsoft Project is preferred.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
U.S. Citizenship and a current Final Top Secret/SSBI Clearance is required with the ability to meet applicable program security eligibility requirements for the position. Must be able to maintain a Final Top Secret Clearance along with meeting and maintaining program security eligibility.