In order to apply for this or any other job you will need to log in.
Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Software Safety Lead to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
Dynetics has been selected by NASA to participate in the development and demonstration of a Human Landing System (HLS) that will carry the first woman and next man to the Moon by 2024.
This position will assure the safety of the HLS software and firmware to NASA software safety standards. Tasks include: developing software safety plans, processes, procedures, and reports for the HLS; working with the NASA customer to ensure corresponding products satisfy the applicable NASA policies, procedural requirements, and standards; working with system safety engineers to analyze the HLS elements and subsystems for software hazards; developing HLS software safety requirements as necessary, ensuring these are implemented in the HLS elements and subsystems; working with suppliers to ensure supplier products and processes meet NASA software safety standards; and generating software assessment reports. This software safety lead position involves leading the HLS software safety team, as well as direct participation as an integral team member who performs key roles for software safety task planning/scheduling and execution.
Candidate must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent technical degree. Candidate should have 10+ years of relevant technical experience with a BS degree, or 8+ years of experience with an MS degree.
1. Candidate must demonstrate basic competency in embedded systems software development.
2. Proven experience with NASA-STD-8719.13C, NASA-STD-8739.8, NPR 7150.2C, NASA-HDBK-8739.23, NASA-HDBK-4008, NPR 7123.1C, MPR 7123.1C, and MSFC-HDBK-3173.
3. Candidate must possess an aptitude for the technical skills required for software safety, including the generation of software hazard analyses/reports, software classification and criticality assessments, and software risks.
4. Strong analytical skills and attention to detail are imperative.
5. The applicant must have good communication and organization skills with appropriate proficiency using Microsoft Office.
6. Candidate must have leadership experience indicating positive outcomes including the ability to persuade/negotiate on technical topics.
7. Being self-motivated and working effectively and efficiently under deadlines are key elements of this position as well.
8. Candidate must demonstrate a pattern of ethical decisions and a commitment to integrity.
9. Candidate must be a resident of, or be willing to relocate to, the Huntsville, AL area.
NASA SMA Technical Excellence Program (STEP) certification.
Experience with CMMI-3 best practices & policies and an understanding of Agile software methodologies (e.g., Scrum).
Candidate is expected to provide leadership and pass on software safety knowledge to junior team members, suppliers, and HLS team members.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.