Dynetics Technical Solutions (DTS), a wholly owned subsidiary of Dynetics, is seeking a motivated and experienced Senior Strategic Outsourcing Specialist to enhance the material planning process and develop a network of capable suppliers for aerospace, defense and commercial needs. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics Technical Solutions provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
The Senior Strategic Outsourcing Specialist will serve as a department Subject Matter Expert (SME) on machining of mechanical parts along with duties of outsourcing machined and fabricated hardware in a fast-paced manufacturing environment, responsible for the origination, accuracy, and prompt execution of all requests for purchases submitted to the Purchasing Department. This individual will work directly with the Requisitioning & Strategic Outsourcing Manager, Production Control, Engineering & Quality to insure all requirements are implemented. Configuration management of the vendor base will be required also.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in the definition of technical and management requirements for suppliers, including the development/review of supplier statement of work.
- Review customer RFQ for technical requirements.
- Attend and participate in job kick-off meetings related to outsourcing.
- Obtain and negotiate quotes from vendor base including (weldments, fabrication, sheet metal, machining, waterjet cutting, processing, etc.)
- Oversee certain aspects of in-house operations pertaining to outsourcing execution including, cost, schedule, technical & quality.
- Serve as a main in-house interface to vendors.
- Supply requisitioners with all data needed to create requirement in cost point system.
- Provide supplier timelines to database system.
- Provide internal schedules to project managers.
- Assist in all configuration control of P.O’s to vendors.
- Work with shipping and receiving to coordinate outsourced work pickup & delivery. Also coordinate all Raw material pickup.
- Writing RFQ requirements from the PM/Contract requirements.
- Recommending a supply base which meets future capability requirements.
- Monitor Supplier Capacity levels and sourced workload to ensure that constraints are not created
- Setup a working schedule with suppliers as needed, helping suppliers create & supply to DTS accurate milestone charts.
- Liaison between DTS & Suppliers to work technical problems.
- Work changes with Supplier and internal sources for Revisions
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Candidate must have 5-8 years of relevant experience in purchasing components and hardware or working/managing a machine shop type operastion for DOD or aerospace manufacturing
- Expereince in direct machining process experience.
- Candidate must demonstrated experience with ERP and Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Candidate must have demonstrated experience reading drawings/documents such as operating instructions, and blueprint data.
- Candidate must have demonstrated experience effectively communicating within a team environment.
- Candidate must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama, AL area.
- Candidate must be able to demonstrate strong personal organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Costpoint Experience is highly desired and is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field is highly desired
- Preference shown to candidates who possess a Master’s degree in an Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Logistics or equivalent degree from an ABET-accredited university.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Project & PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles (5S+1, Kaizen, Leader Standard Work, etc.)
- Candidate should be familiar with Value Stream/Core Team concepts and implementation into a Manufacturing Support Operation
- Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.