The Dynetics Group within the Leidos Corporation has an opening for a Chief Engineer. The Group Chief Engineer be the create, grow, and manage the Chief Engineering function within the Dynetics Group and coordinate across the Leidos enterprise. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics Group provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
- The Dynetics Group Chief Engineer will run the Chief Engineering Function within the Dynetics Group, and will be responsible for all aspects of the engineering discipline and flawless program execution within the Dynetics Group to include:
- Systems engineering, model-based systems engineering, and digital engineering,
- Defining, maintaining, updating, and executing rigorous systems engineering tools, processes, and resources – and drive discrimination and innovation into these areas,
- Ensure proper engineering discipline, rigor, reporting, and focus in our solutions and planning for new business opportunities,
- Hardware and software engineering,
- Engineering to support production and manufacturing,
- Engineering to support logistics, maintenance, and sustainment (LMS), Reliability engineering,Engineering resource and talent planning.
- Supporting our Customers with engineering solutions and processes that reduce cost and risk, and that enable agility, speed, and security - across the diverse types of opportunities and programs in our markets: Research and Development, Science and Technology, Engineering and Development, and Programs of Record.
Additionally, the Dynetics Group Chief Engineer will be responsible for:
- Active participation in the definition and implementation of the long-term engineering strategy aligned to the Group and Corporate Technology Strategies, and the ever-evolving set of Group and Corporate goals.
- Collaborating with Group Management, CTO, and Business Development Leadership to execute our strategies and to further our business goals.
- Supporting the Dynetics Group Manufacturing Leads with appropriate engineering processes and procedures.
- Active participation in the Capture Process to include writing and reviewing proposal material.
- Collaborating on all engineering matters within the Group and with any organization within Leidos.
- Development and mentoring of a set of mid to senior level engineering staff to include providing career guidance and professional growth opportunities for high potential employees.
- Working engineering initiatives across the Dynetics Group and the entire Leidos enterprise, to include other Groups and functions. These initiatives will focus on engineering, capability, process, differentiation, technical solutioning, proposal development, and program execution - all to further Leidos engineering discrimination and growth goals with agility, speed, and security.
Master’s degree or Ph.D. in a relevant technology and engineering field, and be a recognized expert with 20+ years of related engineering experience on large acquisition programs, large hardware and software systems delivery programs, and PoRs - and managing large engineering teams
- Prior technical roles within similar organizations with growing duties and responsibilities
Engineering domain experience including:
- Technical authority to ensure flawless execution on existing programs,
- Management of multi-disciplinary engineering teams, integrated product teams, working groups, and trade studies – ownership of the technical baseline,
- Management and oversight over a rigorous system engineering process and tools to include requirements management, baseline management, risk management, configuration management, schedule management, verification and validation, and reporting,
- Driving discrimination and innovation in the system engineering process and tools in areas like Model-Based System Engineering, Digital Engineering, and Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning,
- Developing, enforcing, and improving engineering policy, standards, best practices, and management, and
- Familiarity and use of standard program management tools such as Integrated Master Schedule (IMS), Earned Value Management System (EVMS), etc.
- Experience with policy formation, performance management, and best practices in the Defense industry
- Strong oral and written communication skills, along with public speaking skills
- Ability to influence and persuade others, as well as handle difficult negotiations requiring a well-developed sense of engineering execution
- Ability to mentor, lead, and promote talent
- Significant experience supporting capture activities to include chairing/participating in Gate Reviews, writing specific sections of proposals, and providing preliminary technical guidance for solutions
- 25% travel required
· TS/SCI Security Clearance
Strong preference is for position to be based in Huntsville AL location
U.S. Citizenship and a current Final Top Secret/SSBI Clearance with SCI eligibility is required. Must possess active SCI clearance with current investigation (within last 4.5 years) and be able to maintain a Top Secret Clearance.