In order to apply for this or any other job you will need to log in.
Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Deputy Program Manager to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems in US Army Air & Missile Defense. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
The Deputy Program Manager is responsible for supporting all phases of the life cycle of a major weapon system program from inception (proposal development) through startup, execution, and completion (contract closeout). Primary responsibilities are supporting the Program Manager with the management of cost, schedule, and technical performance of company programs or subsystems. This person will use their knowledge in ground-based launch systems, command control systems, and/or missile defense systems to deliver new air defense systems to the US Army. Projects involve management of key subcontract partners offering diverse skill sets throughout each program's lifecycle.
The Deputy Program Manager will have responsibility over the following areas/items or will assist the Program Manager in the following areas:
· Leading and directing cross-functional Integrated Program Teams (IPT) to meet program cost, schedule and technical performance objectives.
· Measuring and reporting program performance.
· Delivering presentations to customers, executive management and other program stakeholders.
· Identification, distribution, tracking, and completion of program requirements.
· Development and adherence to budget baselines utilizing Earned Value Management (EVM) or similar cost & schedule control methodologies and tools.
· Managing suppliers to meet program objectives.
· Adherence to all internal processes, policies, and applicable industry standards.
· Ensuring program team understands and adheres to contract scope, and manages change through control board activities.
· Development and adherence to master plans and schedules.
· Conducting thorough risk & opportunity management practices including identification, mitigation and realization.
Candidate must have at least 8 years of experience managing projects with technical content, and demonstrated experience effectively leading complex programs
Must possess a bachelors degree from an accredited university
Experience with a >$100M program to develop or deliver weapons or other defense systems to a government customer
Candidate must have experience in Project estimating and tracking using EVMS or equivalent system.
Candidate must have experience establishing milestones and monitoring master plans and schedules, identifying program problems and obtaining solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications. Direct the work of employees assigned to the program from technical, manufacturing and administrative areas.
Candidate must have demonstrated experience in a proposal process; identifying key partners, developing statements of work for subcontracts, planning and writing proposal response.
Candidate must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama, AL area.
Preferred candidates will also have a Project Management Professional (PMP) certification and experience and/or working knowledge with:
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (as well as maintain) a Final Secret Clearance.