In order to apply for this or any other job you will need to log in.
Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented FPGA Design Engineer to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions. The engineer’s primary job functions include designing and implementing complex DSP algorithms in VHDL, and testing firmware solutions on the target FPGAs.
The Dynetics Fort Walton Beach team focuses on developing state of the art Hardware in the Loop (HITL) simulation systems used to test cutting edge guided munitions for the Air Force’s premier munitions acquisitions organization. With expertise in in the areas of radar, electronic warfare, target generation, and digital signal processing, the Fort Walton Beach team has been a recognized authority on RF HITL solutions for the last 25 years. The individual selected for this position will be joining a team of talented engineers and scientists to develop advanced system concepts from inception to prototype and production. The right candidate will be comfortable operating as a member of a small inter-disciplinary engineering team and eager to attack any technical challenge.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or a related discipline from an ABET-accredited institution
- 10 years of relevant experience
- Experience in FPGA system design and test from architecture through implementation
- Familiarity with modern Xilinx FPGA families and design tools (7-series FPGAs, Ultrascale+, Vivado, Xilinx IP cores)
- Experience with multiple high-speed serial communication standards and interfaces (e.g. Aurora, 10GE, PCIe, DDR4/3/2/1, JESD204B)
- Experience with high clock rates in FPGA design (above 300MHz and above 600 MHz)
- Experience with standard internal interfaces such as AXI4, AXI4-Stream, AXI4-Lite
- Motivated self-starter and problem solver with experience executing in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Hands-on laboratory experience with instrumentation, test equipment, and debug/test methods.
Candidate must be a resident of Fort Walton Beach, Florida or be willing to relocate to the area.
Preference shown to candidates who possess:
- Experience developing and implementing FPGA-optimized versions of DSP algorithms (e.g. modulation/demodulation, PLLs, filters,)
- Experience working with SoC designs such as Zynq and Zynq Ultrascale+ including architecting and interfacing with peripherals, interrupts, and related bus architectures
- Experience working with embedded operating systems
- Working knowledge of digital/analog/mixed signal electronics, components, and interface/communication standards
Experience designing and implementing DSP functions is highly desired.
Additional skills to assist design teams with circuit and PCBA design and analysis, embedded processor/microcontroller or SoC designs, technical trade studies, and evaluation of technology improvements are a plus.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.