In order to apply for this or any other job you will need to log in.
Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Electrical Engineer to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex aerospace problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
The candidate will be part of a dynamic and multidisciplinary team developing advanced electrical and computer applications and must be able to:
- Design electrical architecture and integrated systems for real-time, mission-critical systems including flight systems, sensors, ground vehicles, and space hardware.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with project managers, customers, and team members to determine and develop hardware and software requirements.
- Contribute to system hardware and software architecture decisions based on customer performance, schedule, and cost requirements (including build/buy trades).
- Lead system design efforts and contribute to employee technical development
- Document design and requirements for customer approval and engineering development.
- Lead hardware design/review/build cycles for quick-turn prototypes and transition prototypes into low-rate production.
- Design, fabricate, and integrate aircraft and ground systems, payloads, and instrumentation.
- Support task execution including electrical system design (including UAS and Counter-UAS), UAS payload integration, space hardware, HWIL simulations, electrical lab equipment usage, and overall project systems engineering.
Candidate must possess a Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited program with a minimum of 5 years experience.
Candidate must demonstrate capabilities in the following:
Candidate must possess excellent communication skills.
Candidate must also be a US Citizen and be located in (or willing to relocate to) the Huntsville area.
Candidate desired skills include one or more of the following:
Parts selection, electrical schematic capture, and harness design experience
Trade study experience
Technical leadership preferred
Military interconnects and interfaces experience
Understanding of circuit schematic capture, PCB layout design and manufacturing experience
Sensor instrumentation: acceleration, velocity, position, pressure
Radio communication links and GPS/INS systems
Hardware/software/firmware interface design
Integration and test experience
Candidates with previous experience working in a team environment are preferred.
Candidates with 7-10 years of experience are preferred
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.