Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Electrical Design Engineer to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
The candidate will be part of a dynamic and multidisciplinary team specialized in rapid prototyping and integration of complex radar and sensor systems.
The individual selected for this role will:
- Perform system level electrical design including power requirements identification, electrical hardware design, and custom cables/interconnects design.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with project managers, team members and customers to develop unique hardware solutions based off of high level requirements.
- Fully document hardware designs for quick-turn prototypes and transition prototypes into low-rate production.
- Create, document, and perform procedures for power on/check out of new prototypes using electronics test equipment such as multimeter's, oscilloscopes, phasemeters, and power supplies. Assist team members and customers in troubleshooting electrical issues by reading schematics/diagrams, using test equipment, defining root causes, and providing creative solutions to quickly resolve issues.
Candidate must have a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or a STEM discipline from an ABET accredited school with 3+ years of direct applicable experience.
HS diploma and 5 years of direct applicable experience in lieu of a BS degree will be acceptable.
The following skills/abilities are desired:
- Strong understanding of basic electrical concepts
- Electrical system design experience – power, data, and RF
- Experience with electrical schematics and cable diagrams
- Familiar with 3 phase and split phase power systems
- Knowledge of fiber optics communication systems
- Experience with Mentor Graphics DxDesigner, Altium, OrCAD, or similar
- Familiar with 2D and 3D CAD software such as SolidWorks, AutoCAD and Visio
- Organizational skills to document designs, assist with Technical Data Packages (TDP) and support production and test
Regular travel to test sites (up to 25%), is required.
Preference will be given to candidates who can enjoy solving complex electrical problems by finding creative solutions and have expertise in creating electrical diagrams and schematics.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.
Effective December 8, 2021, in order to enter Leidos/Dynetics facilities in the US and to attend Leidos/Dynetics business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. All Leidos/Dynetics employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.