Dynetics is seeking a Mid-Level Cybersecurity Engineer to join a diverse, highly-skilled team to create unique solutions for complex problems.
The Mid-Level Cybersecurity Engineer will be a key member of a team performing Hardware and Software Cybersecurity Systems Engineering along with key functions supporting the Risk Management Framework (RMF) Assessment and Authorization (A&A) process for tactical systems.
The candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Provide accurate technical evaluations of the equipment, software applications, full systems, or network and documenting the security posture, capabilities, and vulnerabilities against applicable NIST controls.
- Selecting and implementing security controls, timely completion of accreditation packages, formulating and implementing mitigations and maintaining the security posture of systems.
- Identify, assess and mitigate system security threats/risks throughout a system’s lifecycle, validate system security requirements, formulate and maintain documentation and system certification and accreditation activities (planning, testing, assessing and coordinating).
- Documenting preliminary or residual security risks for system operation & manage and approve Authorization Packages.
- Monitoring and evaluating a system's compliance with Department of Defense (DoD) security, resilience, and dependability requirements including performing validation steps, comparing actual results with expected results and analyze the differences to identify impact and risks at the software application, system, and network levels.
- Work with team to provide solutions and to ensure continued functionality of systems within DoD RMF Framework
- Additional duties as assigned
- Degree: Bachelor’s Degree (engineering or another technical discipline) and 3+ yrs of experience in Cybersecurity Domain OR
- Non Degree and 8+ yrs of experience in Cybersecurity Domain
- Experience with implementing and evaluating DoD STIG requirements, NIST RMF, IAVMs and Cybersecurity assessment tools (ACAS, Nessus, SCC, STIG Viewer)
- Knowledge of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) process and NIST security controls
- Knowledge of information system architecture and standards as they apply to cyber security
- Knowledge of NIST SP 800-160, Systems Security Engineering
- Minimum 8570 IASAE I Certification (i.e. CISSP or CASP+)
- Ability to travel. Travel will be estimated around than 10% per year.
- Master’s Degree preferred
- 8570 IASAE level III preferred (i.e. CISSP-ISSEP, CISSP-ISSEP, CCSP)
- Experience in a DoD security environment preferred
- Candidates should have strong communication and writing skills; be able to work in a team-oriented environment supporting a diverse customer base comprised of program managers, engineers, analysts, specialists, and technicians; and strong attention to detail.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (as well as maintain) a Final Secret Clearance.
Effective December 8, 2021, in order to enter Leidos/Dynetics facilities in the US and to attend Leidos/Dynetics business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. All Leidos/Dynetics employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.