Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a Reliability Engineer to join a diverse, highly-skilled team to create unique solutions for complex problems involving foreign weapons systems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective intelligence, engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
The Reliability Engineer will perform reliability prediction analysis in support of product development programs associated with the DoD, DARPA, NASA, and commercial applications. The selected candidate will interface with program management to select a reliability prediction methodology appropriate to each unique customer/program, and execute the plan to provide insight into predicted system reliability throughout the design life cycle. The Reliability Engineer’s analysis will be utilized to inform detailed design decisions on each program and help characterize each program’s technical risk. The selected candidate will present the results of their analyses to the customer in formal design reviews and may serve as a customer liaison in many of their programs.
The Reliability Engineer will work in a matrixed organization at Dynetics, supporting multiple programs at once in a variety of engineering fields with all different team environments, from the large-scale programs that Dynetics is the prime contractor for, to smaller-scale programs for which Dynetics provides support as a subcontractor to companies in the top 100 DoD contractors.
- This position requires a Bachelor's Degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, or related field, AND a minimum of (3) three years of experience supporting DoD, NASA, or commercial programs.
- The candidate must have experience performing detailed reliability predication analysis based on project requirements for electrical, electro-mechanical, mechanical, and software systems.
- The candidate must have at least (1) one year of experience using an industry-standard reliability prediction software such as Reliasoft or Windchill Risk & Reliability.
- The candidate must have experience in at least (2) two of the following areas:
- Creating detailed reliability models and allocations
- Performing fault tree analysis
- Performing failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA) and/or failure mode, effects, and criticality analysis (FMECA)
- Creating reliability block diagrams
- Preparing reliability analysis reports to meet Customer Data Requirements Lists (CDRL) and/or Supplier Data Requirements Lists (SDRL) requirements.
- Candidate must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama, AL area.
The ideal candidate should have the following:
- Experience with Reliasoft Lambda, Blocksim, Weibull highly desirable.
- Electrical engineering background is preferred, and experience with mechanical is a plus.
- Experience in tailoring reliability plans based on system complexity is desired.
- Experience in developing reliability program plans and/or performing component-level de-rating analyses is a plus.
Designing reliability test plans and procedures is a plus.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (as well as maintain) a Final Secret Clearance.
Effective December 8, 2021, in order to enter Leidos/Dynetics facilities in the US and to attend Leidos/Dynetics business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. All Leidos/Dynetics employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.