Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Senior Data Scientist to join a diverse, highly-skilled team to create unique solutions for complex problems in security engineering and cyber domains. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective intelligence, engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
Candidate should have 8+ years of experience using analytical, statistical, and programming skills to collect, analyze, and interpret large data sets, develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets, develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy. Should have a wide range of technical competencies including: statistics and machine learning, coding languages, databases, and reporting technologies. This position will lead complex projects requiring data analysis, interpretation, and communication to support decision-makers and customers. Coordinates closely with customers, Scrum Masters, and cross-functional areas to communicate project statuses and initiatives. Support the Agile software development.
Conducts data analytics, data engineering, data mining, exploratory analysis, predictive analysis, and statistical analysis, and uses scientific techniques to correlate data into graphical, written, visual and verbal narrative products. Support ongoing and future programs to advance the state of the art in research and advanced machine learning and data fusion applications in the areas of mission-focused big data analytics and predictive analytics. Support multiple simultaneous projects and take open-ended or high-level guidance, independently and collaboratively make discoveries that are mission-relevant. Develop machine learning algorithms. Develop visualization strategies and capabilities to support mission and business objectives.
Interact with customer to ensure requirements are met and to advance new features. Should be able to find patterns in unstructured and semi-structured data. Work closely with software developers and program managers to meet timelines and goals. Must be able to deliver findings to a non-technical audience.
- Ability to translate complex, technical, or analytic findings into an easily understood narrative.
- Experience performing research in data analytics or big data.
- 8+ years of experience with machine learning and analysis with a significant portion of the experience within the last 3 years.
- BA/BS Degree in CS, Math, Data Science, IS or related discipline and 8+ years' experience or an MA/MS in CS, Math, Data Science, IS or related discipline and 7+ years' experience.
- Should have direct prior experience with large data, machine learning, and automated predictive analytics.
- Should be proficient with SQL databases and proficient in more than one big data programming language, such as Python, C++ or JAVA and familiar with others.
- Should have experience working with a hybrid team of analyst, engineers, and developers to conduct research, and build and deploy complex, but easy-to-use analytical platforms.
- Should have knowledge of machine learning techniques including supervised and unsupervised learning.
- Should have experience seeing at least one significant machine learning or AI project to completion.
- Strong understanding of preprocessing of structured and unstructured data.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Candidate must be a resident of Huntsville, Alabama or be willing to relocate to the Huntsville, Alabama area.
The following knowledge and experience is preferred but not required
- MA/MS in CS, Math, Data Science, IS or related discipline is preferred but not a requirement.
- Background in research design, exploratory analysis, quantitative methods, and experience with customer outreach and engagement.
- Demonstrated experience with structuring data, database technologies, and AI/ML learning algorithms.
- Applied knowledge in the mathematical sciences such as probability, statistics and predictive modeling.
- Fluent programmer in multiple languages.
- Experience with SQL Database.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders.
- Experience querying and analyzing machine logs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- Experience with any of the following is a plus - Python for AI, TensorFlow, Scikit Learn or Pytorch.
- Knowledge of Splunk, Nifi and Kafka or other big data pipeline architectures.
- Familiarity with the Elastic Search and Kibana for big data analysis and visualization.
- Additional skills in Data Analytics, SQL or specific military system domain knowledge a plus.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Top Secret/SSBI Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Final Top Secret Clearance.
Effective January 4, 2022, in order to enter Leidos/Dynetics facilities in the US and to attend Leidos/Dynetics business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. All Leidos/Dynetics employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.