Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Junior Data Scientist to join a diverse, highly-skilled team to create unique solutions for complex problems in security engineering and cyber domains. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective intelligence, engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
The individual selected for this position will perform the following tasks:
- Design, develop, and maintain software applications using the AGILE Scrum process.
- develop familiarity and then utilize a range of data analysis tools and techniques.
- Create innovative solutions to meet the technical needs of customers.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Participate in the development of documentation. Coordinate closely with team members and leadership to communicate project statuses and initiatives.
- Analyze data to effectively coordinate the installation of new systems or modifications to existing systems. Use tools such as JIRA and Confluence to track activities.
- Apply best practices and standard operating procedures.
Candidate should have 0 – 3 years of experience using analytical, statistical, and programming skills to collect, analyze, and interpret large data sets. Developing a wide range of technical competencies and should be familiar with several languages and reporting technologies, proficient in at least one of each. This could be an ideal opportunity for a strong junior developer to move into AI/ML.
Candidates must also posess the following knowledge, experience, and skills:
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Experience visualizing/preparing data for stakeholders.
- Experience querying and analyzing machine logs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across team.
Experience with any of the following is a plus - Python for AI, TensorFlow, Scikit Learn or Pytorch. Knowledge of Splunk, Nifi and Kafka or other big data pipeline architectures. Familiarity with the Elastic Search and Kibana for big data analysis and visualization. Additional skills in Data Analytics, SQL or specific military system domain knowledge a plus.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Top Secret/SSBI Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Final Top Secret Clearance.
Effective January 4, 2022, in order to enter Leidos/Dynetics facilities in the US and to attend Leidos/Dynetics business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. All Leidos/Dynetics employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.