Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Engineering Lead - Power Systems to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
The Product Engineering Department is a design-focused group of engineers specializing in advanced hardware-based solutions. The individual selected for this position will be an engineering lead on Enduring Shield, which is a mobile ground-based weapon system designed to acquire, track, engage and defeat unmanned aircraft systems, cruise missiles, and rockets, artillery and mortars.
The candidate will be a key technical leader in a fast-paced environment that includes systems in all phases of the product lifecycle from conceptual development and detailed design through manufacturing, qualification testing, and post-delivery support. The candidate will work with the customer and project manager to help define requirements, architecture, and program plans for high-reliability electronics. The candidate will be responsible for program technical direction including developing the system architecture, leading key design trade studies, and providing subject matter expertise during the detailed design, integration, and test activities. The candidate will also be a technical point of contact working with suppliers and sub-contractors to complete program efforts. This position will help ensure the engineering team (of which they are a member) and the customer (with whom they work closely) are on the same page and able to overcome technical and programmatic challenges that may arise.
Responsibilities will include:
- Perform all aspects of power system development from developing/deriving requirements to employing appropriate techniques for design, fabrication, integration, and test
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team engaged in the development of complex power generation, power distribution, and power conversion systems
- Collaborate with suppliers and sub-contractors in the development of complex power generation, power distribution, and power conversion systems
- Oversee, track, and maintain system power requirements and overall system power budget
- Develop or oversee system interface definitions and resulting documentation (i.e. Interface Control Drawings, etc.)
- Oversee the specification, design, and manufacture/procurement of interconnect cabling
- Perform design trade studies and analysis to determine the best approach to meet challenging performance, cost, and schedule constraints
- Plan and execute integration and test activities to ensure successful unit, sub-system, and system assembly, integration, and test
- Brief technical aspects of system design, integration, or test plans and activities to customers and other external stakeholders at formal program reviews
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to fellow team members
- Provide technical input to program leadership during the planning and execution of engineering projects
- Propose and implement ideas to improve organizational quality, agility, or capability
The ideal candidate will thrive in a learning environment that encourages leadership and technical growth
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent degree from an ABET-accredited institution with a 3.0 or higher GPA
- Candidates must have a minimum 5 years of experience with power conversion, power distribution, and/or power generation hardware
- Candidate must have proven experience in hardware design and test from architecture through implementation
- Candidate must have proven understanding of fundamental circuits and circuit components
- Candidates must have working knowledge of common benchtop test equipment (i.e. oscilloscopes, programmable supplies, programmable loads, waveform generators, etc.)
- Candidates must have experience in digital/analog/mixed signal, embedded systems, and power electronics
- Candidate must be a highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Candidates must have strong verbal and written technical communication skills
- Candidates must have demonstrated experience effectively communicating within a multidisciplinary team environment and have experience mentoring & guiding team members
- Candidates must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama, AL area
Preference shown to candidates who possess a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent degree from an ABET-accredited institution with a 3.5 or higher GPA
Preference shown to candidates who possess a Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent degree from an ABET-accredited university
Preference shown to candidates who have experience and/or working knowledge of:
- Detailed switched-mode power supply (SMPS) design
- Common power conversion topologies
- Systems engineering principles and methodologies
- Leading technical teams including defining technical direction and estimating cost/schedule
- PSpice, LTSpice, or other Spice circuit simulators
- Common Military Standards, Handbooks, and Specifications
- EMI/EMC testing and mitigation techniques and familiarity with MIL-STD-464
- Qualification, Design Validation, and Hardware Acceptance testing and test planning
- Environmental test
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.
Effective January 4, 2022, in order to enter Leidos/Dynetics facilities in the US and to attend Leidos/Dynetics business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. All Leidos/Dynetics employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.