In order to apply for this or any other job you will need to log in.
Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a passionate, detail-oriented problem-solver to serve as Senior Thermo-structural Analyst to support the continued development of a Thermal Protection System as part of the Nation’s leading Hypersonic Production Program conducted within Dynetics’ Advanced Materials Product Group. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions..
As an integral member of the TPS Production Team, the successful candidate will serve as Senior Thermo-structural Analyst with responsibility for leading project related stress analysis. This position will balance multiple activities including but not limited to:
- Serve as a subject matter expert and lead thermo-structural analyst for the TPS Production team
- Evaluate structural integrity of project related materials and structures using finite element methods
- Apply subject matter expertise to aid in process improvement assessments, repair or use-as-is determinations, and to evaluate the impact of materials performance on program goals and objectives.
- Use data from the technical data package, hardware qualification and acceptance tests, and other materials, thermal, and environmental tests to support analysis activities and makes significant contributions to related test planning.
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent from an ABET accredited institution with 15+ years or Master Degree with 12+ years applicable experience
- Experience executing thermos-structural analysis supporting Thermal Protection Systems design/production/integration for hypersonic vehicles or reentry systems.
- Extensive (10+ years) of full-vehicle, subsystem, and TPS finite element analysis using ABAQUS, to include advanced non-linear solutions
- Ability to stay focused and succeed in high-stress, dynamic, and fast paced environments
- Strong communication and attention to detail
- Candidates having substantial experience with ABAQUS, ATAC, and/or COMSOL will be given additional consideration
U.S. Citizenship and a current Final Secret/SSBI Clearance is required with the ability to meet applicable program security eligibility requirements for the position. Candidate must meet the eligibility criteria to obtain and maintain a Final Top Secret Clearance along with maintaining program security eligibility.