Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Test Engineer to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
A successful candidate would be capable of engaging in multidisciplinary problem-solving activities as a part of a diverse team in a fast-paced research and development/rapid-prototyping environment. Additionally, a successful candidate would be comfortable taking ownership of novel test and evaluation efforts to support both internal and external customers.
The responsibilities include, but are not limited to, performing background research and analysis to support test conception, apparatus design and construction, along with test execution and data analysis.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or one of the Physical Sciences from an accredited institution and at least 3 years of experience are required.
- Mechanically inclined/comfortable assembling and troubleshooting equipment including experimental systems.
- Demonstrated experience in the design, construction, operation and analysis of experimental test systems/test beds.
- Demonstrated experience interpreting and evaluating the credibility of data from a test stand along with experience diagnosing anomalous results from experiments.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with challenging deadlines, and the pressure of handling multiple projects and assignments.
- Demonstrated experience developing test plans that have been successfully executed within time and budget constraints.
- Must have demonstrated experience in task leadership for testing and/or development activities.
- Must be willing to take ownership, enjoy taking on new challenges, have the ability to overcome technical barriers, and be self-motivated.
- Must be comfortable around and capable of operating safely in the presence of hazardous materials, high voltage, high powered lasers, etc.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering or one of the Physical Sciences is preferred with 10 years hands on experience. Experimental thesis work is desired.
- Strong work ethic and a positive team player
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are necessary
- Experience participating in the generation of technical documents, proposals or report writing is desired.
- Experience in analyzing large experimental datasets using statistical methods is desired.
- Experience performing project management tasks such as budgeting, labor tracking and task development is desired.
- Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Top Secret/SSBI Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Final Top Secret Clearance.
Effective January 4, 2022, in order to enter Leidos/Dynetics facilities in the US and to attend Leidos/Dynetics business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. All Leidos/Dynetics employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.