Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Strategic Communications Specialist to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
The candidate will serve as the Strategic Initiatives Coordinator and Graphics Artist / Multi-Media Specialist for a government project office addressing Army Air and Missile Defense systems, with focus on Mission Command systems. As part of the Operations Cell within the Program Operations Directorate, the candidate will support executive services, Project Manager’s initiative programs, and the development and execution of critical communications efforts for the Project Manager (PM).
The candidate will work with the PM and Deputy Project Manager (DPM), through the Program Operations Director, to plan, coordinate and execute special events to support the leadership's initiatives programs and provide high quality briefing, video, and other graphic related support throughout all product offices and directorates within the project office. The candidate will coordinate the development and implementation of communication efforts involving multiple internal and external partners, ensuring alignment with project office goals and messages.
This individual will be responsible for the following:
- Development of professional synopsis of major project office events
- Coordination of news stories and media reports
- Development of news articles for publication in professional magazines
- Development and staffing of important messages to project office staff
- Development and design of videos, posters, fliers and briefings
- Coordination of public affairs information.
- Editing project office public material for clarity, grammar and style.
- Briefing the PM and staff elements on upcoming visits, events, and various protocol requirements and taskers.
- Functioning as coordinator, planner, and point of contact for ceremonies hosted by the Project Office.
- The design and preparation of formal invitations and flyers.
- Coordinating and providing public affairs coverage. (In concert with the PEO MS Public Affairs Officer)
Candidates must have
- 10 or more years of experience preparing documentation in accordance with Army and Department of Defense standards and regulations.
- A high degree of skill with
- Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Publisher)
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Premier Pro, and Illustrator)
- The ability to work with minimum guidance in addressing actions, and then use knowledge, ingenuity, innovation and experience to complete the product.
- Excellent communication, collaborative and interpersonal skills
- Ability to take direction well and function independently
- Enthusiasm for working with and supporting a team
A bachelor's degree in Graphic Arts or associated field is preferred.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (as well as maintain) a Final Secret Clearance.
Effective January 4, 2022, in order to enter Leidos/Dynetics facilities in the US and to attend Leidos/Dynetics business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. All Leidos/Dynetics employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.