Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a passionate, detailed-oriented problem-solver to serve as Assembly Integration and Testing Engineer to support the development and production of hardware for NASA’s Artemis Missions as part of the Advanced Materials Product Group. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
Dynetics is seeking a technically ambitious, proactive, service-oriented individual with excellent written, interpersonal, and analytical skills who can thrive in a fast paced environment. The successful candidate will be responsible for the assembly and integration production activities for multiple customers, to include NASA, initially focused on the hardware development and production of the Laser Air Monitor System (LAMS). This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and reliable flight-rated and ground-based hardware operation.
· Lead low-rate production and testing activities of human spaceflight hardware and non-space-rated hardware
· Optimize work flow and associated hardware movement on the production flow
· Develop and implement data driven systems for scheduling, planning, and reporting through dashboards and metrics
· On an as-needed/as-available basis, contribute to other AI&T efforts related to advanced materials systems and developmental gas metrology and processing systems
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, aerospace engineering, or similar technical field
- 5 or more years of technical experience in a field aligned with your degree
- 3 or more years of experience in hardware prototyping or low-rate production roles
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain/maintain a Final Secret Clearance
- Demonstrated technical expertise in one or more of the following areas: aerospace systems or advanced material systems or advanced metrology systems
- Project management skills
- Experience leading hardware prototyping or low-rate/high-precision production activities
- Demonstrated ability to streamline and improve processes in a hardware development environment
- Strong computer skills (MS Excel, MS Project)
- Strong communication skills in a technical work environment
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and contribute to a culture of inclusion
- Analytical, organization, and problem solving skills
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
Candidates with the following qualifications are desired and will be given additional consideration:
- Experience with manufacturing execution systems (Solumina, Oracle, Aegis)
- 10 or more years of experience in aerospace mechanical, spaceflight systems, or advanced material systems
- 5 or more years of experience leading hardware assembly and integration activities
- Demonstrated technical expertise in human spaceflight rated systems, precision optical sensors, ECLS systems, precision/experimental gas processing systems or avionics.
- Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Final Top Secret Clearance.
Effective January 4, 2022, in order to enter Leidos/Dynetics facilities in the US and to attend Leidos/Dynetics business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. All Leidos/Dynetics employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.