Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Technical Publications XML Writer to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
This is a senior XML writer with experience in developing military hardware and software technical documentation in accordance with Interactive Authoring and Display Systems (IADS) compliant Interactive Electronic Manuals (IETM) and US Army publications MIL-STDs relating to ACAT I weapon systems.
The candidate in this role will function within the project office’s Logistics Directorate in direct support of the Government Technical Publication Team Lead and will work with both contractors, government civilians and system operators. The candidate must be a self-starter and comfortable in a fast-paced working environment.
The candidate will have the following actions
- Document Configuration Management for creating, developing new and changing existing Army Operator, Maintainer and Sustainment level Technical Publications.
- Analyze Engineering Drawings, Parts List and wiring diagrams for the implementation of Engineer Change Proposals (ECP), 2028s, and Publication Change Requests (PCR).
- Work Directly with the Government Publication Team Lead.
- Attend Validations, Verifications and Logistics Demonstrations to perform onsite, real time XML changes to the IETMs in the field.
- Manage the XML for the weapon system documentation to include but not limited to: IETMs, Electronic Technical Manuals (ETM), Software User Manual (SUM), Software Administrative Manual (SAM).
- Adhere to stylesheet and DTD rules.
- Ensure IETM XML is error free using business rules and source verifier.
The candidate must have a minimum of 15 years' experience as an Army Technical publications XML writer.
The candidate should be
- Proficient in Use of DoD specifications such as MIL-STD 40051, MIL-HDBK-1222, AR 25-30 and additional as need military standards, handbooks and regulations.
- Have the ability to prepare a publication for authentication process for upload into the LDAC and ADP electronic library systems.
- Be familiar with Repair Parts and Special Tools List (RPSTL) data to implement into the IETM.
- Proficient in MS Office product, Arbortext Editor, Oxygen XML Editor, IADS, Adobe Acrobat
- Have exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Have excellent collaboration and communication abilities.
- Have great organizational and time management skills.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (as well as maintain) a Final Secret Clearance.
Effective January 4, 2022, in order to enter Leidos/Dynetics facilities in the US and to attend Leidos/Dynetics business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. All Leidos/Dynetics employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.