Dynetics is seeking a Senior Cybersecurity Engineer to join a diverse, highly-skilled team to create unique solutions for complex problems.
The Senior Cybersecurity Engineer will be a key member of a team monitoring Cybersecurity Systems Engineering along with key functions supporting the Risk Management Framework (RMF) Assessment and Authorization (A&A) process for tactical systems. This team will also support development of the Cybersecurity package for a Government-owned DevSecOps environment.
The candidate will have the following responsibilities for the DevSecOps environment:
- Provide accurate technical evaluations of the equipment, software applications, full system, or network and documenting the security posture, capabilities, and vulnerabilities against applicable NIST controls.
- Selecting and implementing security controls, timely completion of accreditation packages, formulating and implementing mitigations and maintaining the security posture of systems.
- Identify, assess and mitigate system security threats/risks throughout a system’s lifecycle, validate system security requirements, formulate and maintain documentation and system certification and accreditation activities (planning, testing, assessing and coordinating).
- Documenting preliminary or residual security risks for system operation & manage and approve Authorization Packages.
- Monitoring and evaluating a system's compliance with Department of Defense (DoD) security, resilience, and dependability requirements including performing validation steps, comparing actual results with expected results and analyze the differences to identify impact and risks at the software application, system, and network levels.
- Work with team to provide solutions and to ensure continued functionality of systems within DoD RMF Framework
- Additional duties as assigned
The candidate will also be responsible to issue RFIs and monitor responses on the Cybersecurity posture of various components critical to a system-of-systems test event. This includes monitoring the status of RMF Authorizations to Operate (ATOs), and assessing the external impact of adverse findings from Cyber T&E events including Cooperative Vulnerability & Penetration Assessments (CVPAs) and Adversarial Assessments (AAs), etc.
- Degree: Bachelor’s Degree (engineering or another technical discipline)
- 10+ yrs. of experience in Cybersecurity Domain
- Experience with implementing and evaluating DoD STIG requirements, NIST RMF, IAVMs and Cybersecurity assessment tools (ACAS, Nessus, SCC, STIG Viewer)
- Experience with cryptographic technologies
- Knowledge of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) process and NIST security controls
- Knowledge of information system architecture and standards as they apply to cyber security
- Minimum 8570 IAT Level I or IASAE I Certification (i.e. CISSP or CASP+ preferred)
- Ability to travel. Travel will be estimated around than 25% per year.
- Master’s Degree preferred
- 8570 IAT Level II or IASAE level III preferred
- Experience in a DoD security environment preferred
- Candidates should have strong communication and writing skills; be able to work in a team-oriented environment supporting a diverse customer base comprised of program managers, engineers, analysts, specialists, and technicians; and strong attention to detail.
- Candidate must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama, AL area.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (as well as maintain) a Final Secret Clearance.
Effective January 4, 2022, in order to enter Leidos/Dynetics facilities in the US and to attend Leidos/Dynetics business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. All Leidos/Dynetics employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.