In order to apply for this or any other job you will need to log in.
Dynetics, a Leidos company, is seeking a talented experienced full-time Proposal Manager for our Proposal Development Center in Huntsville, AL. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
The Proposal Manager will manage proposal efforts and work closely with business development and capture personnel to develop and deliver winning, high-quality Federal Government proposals. Duties include, but are not limited to leading/authoring proposal efforts / proposal training / coaching / mentoring / and assisting operational managers in developing proposal artifacts and other information garnered during capture to support the proposal. The successful applicant will have extensive knowledge and experience of proposal writing concepts and proposal management processes (such as SM&A and Shipley) as well as hands-on experience leading/writing successful proposals. This position involves hands-on effort, often with little assistance from below, or direction from above, to accomplish submitting a compliant and successful proposal.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
· Assisting the proposal center Manager in developing local standards and repeatable proposal processes to include maintaining historical files, and documenting and implementing actions for process improvement
· Leading, managing, training, and mentoring a proposal team of writers; editors; reviewers; graphic artists; coordinators; operational, management, and technical subject matter experts; and subcontractors
· Developing and reviewing proposal strategies/themes, and Proposal Management Plans
· Leading responses to RFIs, RFPs, RFQs, and oral presentations
· Developing proposal schedules, outlines, compliance matrices, and writing assignments
· Maintaining configuration control of all proposal files, forms, graphics, drafts, reviewers comments, and approvals
· Producing high-quality content and appearance of the final proposal product and the on-time delivery of the proposal
· Manage all aspects of proposal development: pre-proposal planning activities, kickoff meeting, schedule management, proposal structure, compliance, writing instructions and team guidance, and production.
· Develop and maintain proposal management files for each opportunity, including kickoff materials, proposal outline, compliance matrix, schedule, daily tag-up meetings, proposal team contact list, action items, and color team review briefings.
· Obtain resources for accomplishing proposal submission in a timely manner.
· Review and analyze proposal sections for consistency and clarity, compliance with solicitation requirements, and alignment with proposed solutions and themes. Provide writers with feedback as necessary to ensure accuracy, compliance, consistency, and reflection of win strategies.
Ensure proposal compliance, checking all sections for compliance regularly throughout the proposal cycle and before delivery.
· Bachelor's degree from an ABET accredited school in engineering, science, or business related fields.
7 years’ experience in business development, program management, marketing, or proposal writing / management.
Candidate must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama, AL area.
· Leading/writing proposals for large efforts over $100M a plus
· Operational roles such as project, program, or technical program management a plus
· Higher level degree a plus
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.