Dynetics Technical Solutions (DTS), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Dynetics, is seeking talented Senior Composite Technician to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics Technical Services provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
The Senior Composite Technician will be responsible for performing composite lay-ups and mechanical assembly of components into large aircraft and rocket structures per NASA, DoD, and aircraft industry standards. Performs fit-up and hand drilling using jigs and templates. Installs fasteners including bolts, screws, and solid and expandable rivets. Applies touch-up and stencil paint using hand-held spraying equipment. Measures parts and assemblies using standard measuring equipment including scales, tape measures, and calipers. Reads and interprets drawings, specifications and work instructions. Works both as a team member and independently as required.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assists in the development and maintenance of internal materials and process specifications through a working knowledge of industry standards and a wide range of composite manufacturing trends.
- Assists in the implementation of composite process development and production transition planning that meets quality, production rate, startup time, and margin requirements
- Must apply knowledge of product design, assembly, tooling, and process of composite materials while working to develop or improve composite manufacturing processes
- Assists with the prep, kitting, lay-up, bagging, curing, and final assembly of aerospace composite parts
- Complete all planning paperwork throughout the production process
- Assists in directing the work of the composite shop technicians
- Ensures department production schedules are adhered to
- Performs in-process and final product inspections and signs off appropriate quality documents as required
- Suggests and performs engineering tool and product modifications as directed by engineering/management
- Maintain project work areas by directing team maintenance and cleaning
- Provides training and mentoring to composite shop employees
- Ensures that proper documentation is made on training record for training received, and signed by Supervisor, or Manager
- Helps monitor inventories and supplies and ensures correct usage
- Understand process and quality procedures and communicate them to less experienced team members
- Communicate with supervisors, managers and quality about issues effecting quality of productivity
- Assists in the development of bills of material and labor cost estimates for proposals and budgeting
- Complies with all Company policies, procedures and regulations
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management
Candidate must possess a Bachelor's of Science or equivalent degree from an ABET-accredited university.
In lieu of degree, High School Diploma/GED with at least five (5) years of prior experience in composite hardware for DoD or Aerospace.
Candidates must have demonstrated experience with hand tools including drills, grinders, wrenches and screwdrivers, impact rivet guns, rivet puller.
Candidates must have demonstrated experience reading and interpreting drawings/documents such as operating instructions, work instructions, and blueprint data.
Candidates must be to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
Candidates must have demonstrated experience effectively communicating within a team environment.
Candidates must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama, AL area.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (as well as maintain) a Final Secret Clearance.
Effective January 4, 2022, in order to enter Leidos/Dynetics facilities in the US and to attend Leidos/Dynetics business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. All Leidos/Dynetics employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.