Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Program Director, Boost Glide Hypersonics to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions. The Dynetics Strategic Initiatives organization is currently looking for an experienced and knowledgeable Program Director with a primary focus related to boost glide hypersonic weapon systems.
A successful candidate will have the knowledge and expertise related to boost glide design, Concept of Operations (CONOPS) development and solution architecture. Additionally, the candidate shall be capable of supporting and leading a mutli-organizational team that aligns and meets customer and organizational mission.
This position will lead the definition and implementation of our system architecture as it evolves from initial capability, factors in periodic technology insertions, and incorporates compatibility designs for future platforms. This requires the ability to perform system architecture definition, including functionality partitioning across lower-level architectures.
- Education: Requires a Master’s or Ph.D. degree in Aerospace, Mechanical or similar discipline and more than 15 years’ experience
- Impact & Complexity: Impacts functional strategy by developing new solutions, processes, standards or operational plans that position Leidos competitively in the marketplace. Leads the development of highly innovative products/solutions, achieved through collaboration and dialogue with other experts in the field.
- Communication: Must communicate with Leidos personnel, and interact daily with customer program leadership and team members and end users. Must develop a clear understanding of customer goals and objectives and shape work to achieve those goals. Typically negotiates and compromises to convince internal and external parties to accept concepts, practices and approaches of the area.
- Knowledge: Requires highest knowledge and mastery of highly advanced technologies, scientific principles, theories and concepts. Viewed as a subject matter expert in the field by peers within and outside the organization. Domain specific knowledge in the areas of Hypersonics, High Speed Aerodynamics, GNC, Modeling and Simulation, and Weapons Systems Engineering is desired.
- Independence: Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to operate independently with limited supervision and feedback.
- Travel: Ability to travel on an as needed basis
- Prior experience in managing large DOD research efforts is a plus. Preference given to candidates with experience in managing research efforts funded by AFRL, DARPA, ONR, and similar.
- Prior experience as a Government Program Manager is also a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple simultaneous efforts while keeping efforts on schedule and on budget.
- Past experience in leading a diverse team with successful outcomes.
- Strong candidates will have prior experience in leading successful business development campaigns.
- Skills desired include the ability to effectively communicate with customers, understand their needs, and develop white papers and proposals.
- The ability to also develop and communicate a strategy for new business with management is also desired.
Clearance: Must be a U.S. Citizen with active Secret clearance. Preferred active TS clearance. Must be SCI eligible
Effective January 4, 2022, in order to enter Leidos/Dynetics facilities in the US and to attend Leidos/Dynetics business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. All Leidos/Dynetics employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.