Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a passionate, detail-oriented problem-solver to serve as Materials and Process Engineer to support the continued development of a Thermal Protection System as part of the Nation’s leading Hypersonic Production Program conducted within Dynetics’ Advanced Materials Product Group. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions..
As an integral member of the TPS Production Team, the successful candidate will serve as Materials and Process (M&P) Engineer supporting all project related M&P activity. This position will balance multiple activities including but not limited to:
- M&P support for the production of thermal protection system materials and structures
- Support to design and development team for material selection, process improvement, root cause and corrective action (RCCA), and qualification activities.
- Investigate materials non-conformance issues and provide recommended problem resolution to the program team
- Coordinate with subcontracted suppliers on process improvement activities, RCCA analysis, and materials non-conformance issues to support the goals and objectives of the program.
- Travel to supplier sites and materials vendors as required (10% - 20%)
- Bachelor Degree in Materials Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent from an ABET accredited institution with 3+ years applicable experience
- Experience executing M&P activity directly supporting aerospace/defense production and industrial equipment purchase/upgrade/troubleshooting.
- Must be able to travel up to 20%
Candidates with the following skills or experiences are desired and will be given additional consideration:
- Project management skills
- Ability to stay focused and succeed in high-stress, dynamic, and fast paced environments
- Strong communication and attention to detail
- Experience working in manufacturing or production environment
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Top Secret/SSBI Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Final Top Secret Clearance.
Effective January 4, 2022, in order to enter Leidos/Dynetics facilities in the US and to attend Leidos/Dynetics business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. All Leidos/Dynetics employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.