Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented FPGA Design and RF Electronics Engineer to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
The RF and EW Threat Systems Development Department is a group of engineers who specialize in foreign threat radar systems, RF software-in-the-loop (SIL) and hardware-in-the-loop (HWIL) simulators, and open air radar development. The candidate selected for this position will support projects for the Defense Intelligence Community, Air Force, and large prime contractors.
Project assignments could be focused in one or multiple of the following areas:
- Design, simulation, and testing of firmware using VHDL primarily to drive custom developed PCB designs
- Testing and integration of RF electronics such as high speed DACs used for waveform generation and ADCs used for signal processing
- VHDL firmware development targeted to high speed communication links such as JESD204B
- Utilizing cutting edge Xilinx FPGA and SoC families and design tools such as the RFSoC
- Testing and debugging hardware using lab equipment such as spectrum analyzers and oscilloscopes
- Working on multidisciplinary teams to debug problems when integrating firmware and PCB designs with software threat models
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent degree from an ABET-accredited institution with a 3.0 or higher GPA
- Candidate must have experience with hardware description languages (VHDL or Verilog)
- Candidate must have a minimum of 3 years of experience in FPGA firmware development from architecture through implementation, simulation, and hardware testing
- Candidate must have hands-on laboratory experience with instrumentation, test equipment, and debug/test methods
- Position requires candidates to be capable of performing in a collaborative engineering environment working closely with multidisciplinary teams
- Candidates must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama, AL area
- Preference will be given to candidates with a working knowledge of radar fundamentals. Familiarity in any of the following tools is preferred but not required: Microsoft Visual Studio, MATLAB, Xilinx design tools.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.
Effective January 4, 2022, in order to enter Leidos/Dynetics facilities in the US and to attend Leidos/Dynetics business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. All Leidos/Dynetics employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.