Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Reverse Engineering (RE) and Vunerability Research (VR) Focused Section Manager to lead a diverse team of VR and RE staff tasked with solving complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
Job responsibilities/focus areas include:
- Managing a midsized to large section of reverse engineers and vulnerability researchers with direct and indirect tasking
- Reverse engineering and vulnerability analysis for software components of complex embedded systems
- Support vulnerability discovery for both commercial customers as well as DOD systems as part of the acquisition process
- Develop tools (reversing aids, device/protocol emulation tools, etc.) to assist in the reverse engineering process
- Exploitation of systems and reverse engineering of binaries to understand potential vulnerabilities that will then be tested in both lab and field environments
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's degree from an ABET accredited school in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical degree.
- 4+ or more years of C/C++ development and/or reverse engineering experience required with managing technical teams or projects required.
- Candidate must demonstrate programming ability in C and/or C++, Python, or other scripting language on Linux/POSIX platforms.
- Candidate must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama, AL area
- Embedded systems
- Embedded software design
- Embedded software development
- Strong software debugging skills
- Network application development/debugging
- Enterprise system development
- Real-Time Operating Systems (RTOS)
- Working knowledge Operating Systems and Compilers
- Knowledge of common communication mechanisms within operating systems
- Comfortable with various levels of software abstraction
- Linux command line proficiency (e.g. grep, sed, awk, etc.)
- Software reverse engineering (e.g. Ida Pro, Ghidra)
- Data analysis
- Knowledge of common hardware buses (e.g. UART, I2C, SPI, JTAG)
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (as well as maintain) a Final Top Secret/SSBI Clearance.
Effective January 4, 2022, in order to enter Leidos/Dynetics facilities in the US and to attend Leidos/Dynetics business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. All Leidos/Dynetics employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.