Dynetics, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Offensive Cyber Engineer / Reverse Engineer (Junior) to join a diverse team of engineers developing offensive and defensive cyber solutions. With offices across the United States, Dynetics provides responsive and cost-effective engineering solutions, supporting various defense, space, intelligence, and commercial customers.
Dynetics’ Threat Intelligence and Exploitation Department is seeking an engineer with experience (or strong interest) in the offensive cyber domain to support the United States defense and intelligence communities. The engineer in this role will perform engineering analysis for a variety of embedded systems to characterize attack surfaces, research cyber vulnerabilities, and develop offensive cyber capabilities. Embedded system targets may include mobile phones, routers/switches, automotive computers, smart home devices, unmanned aircraft systems, weapon system components, space systems, and/or industrial control systems.
- Candidate must be scheduled to graduate this upcoing semester or have already obtained a Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Cyber Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related technical degree from an ABET-accredited institution
- Candidate must have a strong interest in software reverse engineering, vulnerability research, exploit development, and offensive cyber operations.
- Candidate must have object-oriented software development experience using C++, Java, or Python.
- Candidate must communicate professionally and work cohesively in a team environment.
- Candidate must be a resident of the North Alabama area or be willing to relocate to the Huntsville / North Alabama area.
- Candidate must have a 3.0 GPA or higher
Experience in any of the following areas is preferred:
- Software reverse engineering and related tools (Ghidra, IDA)
- Vulnerability research, offensive binary analysis techniques, and exploit development
- Hardware hacking and embedded system firmware extraction
- File system recovery, emulation/virtualization, and forensics analysis
- Rapid tool-development using scripting languages (Python, Bash)
- Linux operating systems and Linux ecosystem of tools
- Embedded system software/hardware design
- Offensive cyber operations
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Top Secret/SSBI Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Final Top Secret Clearance.
Effective January 4, 2022, in order to enter Leidos/Dynetics facilities in the US and to attend Leidos/Dynetics business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. All Leidos/Dynetics employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.