Dynetics, a Leidos company, is seeking a talented Structural Analyst to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
The employee in this role will support the Dynetics Space Division with development of aerospace products and support equipment. Responsibilities include analysis of structural hardware, assemblies and complex systems. The position requires an understanding of analytical methods, development and utilization of finite element models and simulations, and application of analysis tools to produce models and perform analyses for a variety of aerospace related products. This includes use of hand calculations as well as detailed stress analyses utilizing standard industry software programs.
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering from an ABET-accredited university.
- Candidate must have at least (3) three years of direct experience performing structural analysis.
- Candidate is required to have proven working knowledge of Femap, NASTRAN, Abaqus and/or ANSYS software.
- Candidate must be able to write technical reports and to present results to a multi-disciplined team.
- Candidate must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama, AL area
- Preference shown to candidates who possess a Master’s Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering from an ABET-accredited university.
- Preferred candidate will have experience working on projects to support NASA or the commercial space industry, and be familiar with NASA specifications (ex: NASA-STD-5020).
- Preference shown to candidates with a proven record of leading an analysis team through the development lifecycle, as part of a multi-organizational development team.
- Basic knowledge of Solidworks, Catia, or PTC Creo CAD software is desired.
- Knowledge of Matlab and/or MathCAD is a plus.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.
Effective January 4, 2022, in order to enter Leidos/Dynetics facilities in the US and to attend Leidos/Dynetics business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. All Leidos/Dynetics employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.