With offices across the Unites States engaging in the defense, space, cyber, and commercial fields, Dynetics, provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific, and IT solutions. Currently Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos is seeking a talented Cyber Security Product Development Engineer in Huntsville, AL to design and develop software for defensive cyber operations and resiliency efforts. The selected candidate will support creation of a solution and customization. The development will support Dynetics programs and new business areas in the defense, intelligence, commercial, and civil markets.
The selected candidate will work on Dynetics and customer-sponsored research and development projects across the full-spectrum of cyber operations.
- Developing new algorithms used in IDS/IPS systems to detect malicious behavior.
- Developing operational procedures for commercial IDS deployments.
- Development of cyber tools including command and control systems, foundational tools and applications meant to provide defensive cyber operations.
- Evaluating and recommending future research and development projects based on advances in industry, technologies, and Dynetics business strategy.
- Provide mentoring to team members on development processes and problem solving.
Additionally, the candidate will work with a team of researchers and developers to document and demonstrate Leidos’ R&D capabilities and output to teammates and customers in support of Dynetics programs and business development activities.
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related technical field and 5+ years of experience including some of the topics below:
- The ability to work independently to deliver results.
- Experience developing applications for LINUX and Windows operating systems.
- Development experience with infrastructure languages (e.g. bash and python ) and infrastructure tools (e.g. github, Jenkins, Visual Studio, make ).
- Software/hardware development in a collaborative team environment.
- Familiarity with commercial cyber protection tools and projects including Suricata, Splunk, pfSense, and others.
- Experience with virtualization (e.g., Xen, ESXi, VirtualBox or KVM) and containerization technologies including Docker, Kubernates, and others.
- Experience with building web-based applications using the ELK stack ( ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana ).
- Experience with capturing, analyzing, and understanding networking packets and various common protocols.
- Experience with Agile software development and DevOps tools and pipelines (e.g. Atlassian suite).
- Experience with Cyber Security Concepts.
- Experience and interest in fundamental networking implementations and concepts, including basic LAN and WAN networking skills.
- A Master’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related technical field is a plus.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.
In order to enter Dynetics facilities in the U.S. and to attend Dynetics events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption on file for COVID-19. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.