Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Electrical Design and Integration Engineer to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
The Product Engineering Department is a design-focused group of engineers specializing in advanced hardware-based solutions. The individual selected for this position will be an engineer responsible for design and integration activities at the unit, sub-system, and system levels for complex electromechanical systems. The individual must be a self-starter with experience working with inter-disciplinary teams to solve challenging technical problems. Experience with Printed Circuit Board Assembly (PCBA) design is a plus. Experience leading technical teams is a plus. The engineer will work closely with electronic assemblies integrated into a diverse range of aerospace and military systems including manned/unmanned ground/air vehicles, missiles, defensive radars, and space systems.
Responsibilities will include:
- Perform all aspects of electromechanical system development from developing/deriving requirements to employing appropriate techniques for design, fabrication, integration, and test
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team engaged in the development of complex electromechanical systems for DoD/Aerospace applications
- Develop or oversee system interface definitions and resulting documentation (i.e. Interface Control Drawings, etc.)
- Oversee the specification, design, and manufacture/procurement of system cabling
- Perform design trade studies and analysis to determine the best approach to meet challenging performance, cost, and schedule constraints
- Plan and execute integration and test activities to ensure successful unit, sub-system, and system assembly, integration, and test
- Brief technical aspects of system design, integration, or test plans and activities to customers and other external stakeholders at formal program reviews
The ideal candidate will thrive in a learning environment that encourages leadership and technical growth.
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent degree from an ABET-accredited institution with a 3.0 or higher GPA
- Candidate must have experience in electronic/electrical system design, integration, and test
- Candidate must have knowledge of design engineering principles, theories, and concepts
- Candidate must have demonstrated experience integrating and testing electronic systems at the unit, sub-system & system-levels
- Candidate must have hands-on laboratory experience with instrumentation and test equipment
- Candidate must be a highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Candidate must have demonstrated experience managing time effectively while supporting multiple projects simultaneously
- Candidate must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Position requires candidate to be capable of performing in a collaborative engineering environment working closely with multi-disciplinary teams
- Candidate must have demonstrated experience effectively communicating within a team environment
- Candidate must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama, AL area
Preference shown to candidates who possess a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent degree from an ABET-accredited institution with a 3.5 or higher GPA
Preference shown to candidates who possess a Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent degree from an ABET-accredited university
Preference shown to candidates with 5+ years of experience with design, integration, and test of electronic/electrical or electromechanical systems
Preference shown to candidates with technical leadership experience
Preference shown to candidates who have experience and/or working knowledge of:
- Design engineering for aerospace or military systems
- Custom electronics development and test from board to system-level
- Leading technical teams including defining technical direction and estimating cost/schedule
- Systems engineering principles and methodologies
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.
In order to enter Dynetics facilities in the U.S. and to attend Dynetics events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption on file for COVID-19. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.