In order to apply for this or any other job you will need to log in.
Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Aerospace Engineer to join a diverse team responsible for creating unique solutions for complex flight vehicle engineering challenges. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
Dynetics is seeking an Aerospace Engineer with 3+ years of experience in Simulation and Analysis. The candidate is expected to have a good understanding of flight dynamics, 6-DOF simulations, statistics, and computer programming. The ideal candidate possesses specific experience developing simulations and associated tools in Python. Past experience working within the Air Defense domain is a plus. The candidate should also have an interest in machine learning techniques to include supervised and unsupervised learning.
The successful applicant will work closely with a highly technical team of multi-disciplinary engineers, computer scientists, and statisticians to design simulations that accurately represent an existing system or a system under development. The engineer will also be required to create or improve existing tools that post processes simulation results into an easily digestible product. Results from the simulation will be used to inform design decisions, evaluate system performance, and/or update the customer on current design progress. The applicant is expected to be comfortable with briefing technical work and results to internal and external customers.
The engineer will support multiple simultaneous projects and will be expected to independently and collaboratively find creative solutions to open-ended problems. The candidate will work closely with the project and program managers to ensure that timelines and goals are met.
· Candidate must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Aerospace Engineering from an ABET accredited school with a minimum GPA of 3.3.
Note: Special consideration is made for advanced degrees in lieu of years of experience.
· Candidate must have a minimum of 3 years of experience in Modeling and Simulation
· Candidate must have a background in simulation development
· This position requires a good understanding of flight dynamics, simulation, multi-variable problem-solving, and statistics.
· Candidate must have technical communication experience to include technical briefing, technical writing, and a proven ability to work both collaboratively and independently.
· Candidate must be comfortable working with multiple types of programming languages and/or be willing to learn new programming languages quickly.
· Candidates must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate in order to work on-site at the Huntsville, AL office.
A Master’s Degree or PhD in Aerospace Engineering or equivalent ABET accredited engineering field is preferred, but not required.
Experience with C++, Python, and/or other programming languages is preferred. Previous experience in the Air Defense domain is preferred. Prior knowledge of autonomy and automation is a plus.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.