Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a Lead RF Communication System Engineer to join a diverse, highly-skilled team on Dynetics' Human Lander System (HLS) program. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber, and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific, and IT solutions.
The Lead RF Communication System Engineer is responsible for the overall HLS RF Communication System DDT&E activity, including system architecture development, link margin analysis, RF components selection, RF specification development, management of RF component vendors, collaboration with NASA and teammates, and coordination among a multi-disciplinary team.
The successful candidate will support the Dynetics Space Systems Division in the development of a human lander system and support equipment, primarily responsible for integration and qualification of RF communications hardware into a seamless operational system, working with industry teammates. This position also requires the ability to translate high level product development strategies into system requirement specifications and to work with multi-discipline engineering teams to develop lower level detailed requirements. The candidate will work in a team environment to support design through product implementation, and should be able to contribute to an engineering design disposition on all documentation discrepancies.
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent degree from an ABET-accredited university.
- Candidate must have 10+ years direct experience in related role where design, testing, and/or modification of human rated aerospace systems communications hardware was involved. Degree level, above Bachelor's, can substitute for industry work exeprience.
- Candidate must have experience developing RF link budgets & block diagrams along with hardware experience with space based transceiver, antennas, and amplifiers.
- Candidate must be familiar with NASA standards for packet data formats, coding and synchronization, and modulation, such as Consultative Committee for Space Data Systems (CCSDS).
- Candidate should have system design knowledge related to UHF, S-Band, Ka-Band, X-Band RF systems.
- Candidate should have knowledge of wireless communication technology, such as Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
- Candidate should have knowledge of NASA Deep Space Network (DSN), Tracking and Data Relay Satellite System (TDRSS), or Space Communications and Navigation (SCaN).
- Candidate should be familiar with the processes to obtain space based communications permits and licenses.
- Candidate must have demonstrated experience effectively communicating within a team environment.
Candidate must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama, AL area.
Prefered candidate will have a Master's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent degree from an ABET-accredited university. Cadidates with PhD are encouraged to apply.
Preference shown to candidates who have experience and/or working knowledge of:
- NASA or other aerospace development spaceflight projects
- Laser communications
- Working as part of multi-company and multi-organizational development teams
- Knowledge of NASA standards, including 453-NENUG, 810-005, CCSDS 131.0, CCSDS 133.0, CCSDS 133.1, CCSDS 414.1, CCSDS 702.1, CCSDS 732.0
- Simulation tool, such as Matlab & Simulink, Systems Tool Kit (STK)
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.
In order to enter Dynetics facilities in the U.S. and to attend Dynetics events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption on file for COVID-19. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.